Ch//38 Over him

"Kenzie! Kenzie! Can you hear me?!" Brynn said while rapidly shaking me. "Huh? Yeah, I'm here"

"Ok good. Are you ok?" I nodded my head. I took a napkin and wet it. I started cleaning out my hair since Brynn already finished my clothes. "Hey, um. I'm just gonna head home. This is gonna take forever to get out." She stopped helping me get it out my hair and threw away the napkin.

"Yeah, good idea. I'll clean this up, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" I nodded my head and walked out the door. The halls were empty, class probably already started. I got to the parking lot, to my car, and drove home. When I reached my house I saw my mom sitting at the counter.

"Kenzie! My goodness! What happened?" I dropped my bag.

"It was an accident, don't worry about it" she folded her arms. "An accident? It doesn't look like an accident, there's strawberry smoothie all over you!"

" I can see that mom. And it was an accident. A kid at my school was walking down the isle of the cafeteria and I was sitting down at one of the tables, and he tripped and spilled it. I'm fine mom, now can I please go take a shower?"

"Yes Mackenzie, go" I could sense she didn't believe me. But honestly it didn't really matter to me, cause I'm not going to tell her the truth. I'll just have to explain too much for her to even understand.

I took my shower and changed. I definitely wasn't going back to school so I just got into my bed and went on my phone. Suddenly, I get a call from Brynn.

Brynn😻💕
FaceTime Audio...
K- Brynn?
B- Kenzie! Oh my gosh you will not believe what Johnny is doing right now
K- what Brynn?! Tell me
B- he's standing on one of the cafeteria tables saying how much he misses you
K- wait seriously!?
B- nope, not anymore he just got caught by the principal
K- oh god
B- but anyways how are you? Did you get the smoothie out?
K- yes Brynn I got it out
B- well that's good......sorry I have to go, Annie wants me to go to the art room with her
K- ok I'll see you tomorrow
B- byeeee

I seriously can't believe he did that. What is it gonna take for him to stop. I obviously want nothing to do with him. If he didn't go and screw things up, maybe things would be different. But come on now, using your so called 'bestfriend' to get a girl. Just not cool.

I really didn't feel like staying up any longer, so I put my phone down and went to sleep. Hopefully for the rest of the night.

The next day
Same thing all over again. Get ready, get dressed, and get to school. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I continue walking to class since once again, Brynn didn't greet me at my locker like she usually does

I continue walking to class since once again, Brynn didn't greet me at my locker like she usually does. The bell rang for 1st period as soon as I went into the class room. I was settling down when the teacher called me and Johnny up to his desk.

"Yes?"

"How has the tutoring been going?" Is he serious right now?! "You don't have to keep this up, I know that Johnny paid you" the teacher looked down at his desk, then at Johnny, then back at me.

"You are still going to tutor him. No matter if he gave me the money or not" my eyes widened. "No I'm not. There's no reason I still need to do this! There is other people in this class!" He stood up from his desk and slapped his hands down on the table.

"You will do as I say, or else your expelled" I looked at Johnny for a split second and thought, there's no way I'm doing that. It's bad enough I have to see him at school. "Then I guess I'm expelled" I turned and push the door open from the class room.

When I got home, I already expected what was coming. Mommy Mel.... "Good, your home. Why the hell were you expelled from school!" I dropped my bag down and prepared for the worse. "It's complicated"

"Well it's not going to be complicated for long. Now tell me, why you got expelled!" I sighed. "I refused to tutor a kid that was bullying me" her eyes widened. "What!?"

"Yeah, the teacher said that if I don't tutor him, I'll be expelled. So I said I wasn't going to and left"

"Bullying you? Sweetheart you have to come to me about this stuff"

"I know. I was just scared"

"Ok, well go lay down or something. I'm going to call the school and see if I can get this expelled thing removed" I nodded my head and went upstairs. The fact that she believes me, is amazing.

I didn't want to continue thinking about it, but it wouldn't go away. Why did Johnny say all those things about me at lunch? Does he still care? Is he trying to make things right? No, he couldn't be. And even if he were, it wouldn't work. Because I'm so.....

Over him.