Ch//53 I love him

"Come on Kenzie! It doesn't matter what you wear!" My best friends yells from downstairs. "I know! I just.." I began looking for my floral dress down in my closet. "I thought you didn't care about Johnny!" I laughed in my head thinking about it. Why do I even care?!

"I don't! I just want to look good.." I could hear Brynn's littles snickers coming from downstairs. "You like him still don't you?!" My heart jumpstarted in my chest. "Of course I do! I can't just stop having feelings for him!"

"Okay, I'm coming up!" I heard Brynn come upstairs and saw her enter my room and sit down on my bed. "Kenzie...here, I'll choose your outfit. Just calm down" I sighed then plopped down on my bed. "Thank you Brynn" she got up and went over to my closet. Seconds later she threw clothes on my face.

"Get dress, we're leaving in 15 minutes" I got up and looked at the outfit she chose. She's the most normal person ever I thought to myself. But I guess it'll work.

"Come on, let's go

"Come on, let's go. I'm ready" I grabbed my phone off the dresser and walked downstairs and got into the car with Brynn. While we were driving Brynn breaks the silence. "So, are you nervous?" I glanced over at her. "I..uh. You know, Johnny might not even be there. Why would Hayden even do that?"

Brynn laughed. "Because he is" my eyes widened. "What?!"

"Yeah, he uh..just texted me. Said that he invited Johnny. He feels really bad Kenzie. Do you think you can sit with him for at least 2 minutes and hear him out?"

"Yeah...I think I could, do that" she smiled. "Great, that's amazing. He'll love that" I'm sure he will. I just hope I'm not too nervous to talk to him.

~~~

We walked into movie theater and instantly saw Hayden waiting by the snack bar. I didn't see Johnny yet, so I'm not freaking out..yet. Me and Brynn walked over to him. And Brynn was very happy when she greeted him. "Hey! Hayden" he smiled and hugged her. "Hey Brynnie"

My eyes widened. "When did..uh—am I missing something?" Brynn laughed and put her hand on my shoulder. "That's the least of your worries" I turned my head and saw Johnny coming out of the bathroom. My face immediately heated up as I saw him walking over here.

I put my head down but couldn't resist, I smelled his cologne before he even came over here. Once he finally arrived I smiled. "Well, uh...we'll let you two talk" Brynn walked away while dragging Hayden with her.

"Hey...Kenz" I nodded. I felt the nerves kicking in. Like I couldn't even speak. I don't even know why, it was always so easy to talk to him. Now everything changed, I couldn't even breathe correctly. "I..uh..." he put his hand on my shoulder and that's when I felt it.

I knew the exact reason why I felt so nerves, but...does he feel the same way? "Just calm down Kenzie. I know, it's weird. Seeing each other again—"

"No, no. It's fine. We should..uh—go ahead into the movie"

He nodded. "Yeah, Yeah. Let's go" I removed myself from his grip and fast walked all the way to the theater room.

Everything has officially changed. Should I tell him how I feel? But what if he doesn't feel the same way? What if I put my feelings out there and he does feel the same way but things go horribly wrong and he never wants to speak to me again?! Well...there's only one way to find out.

~~~

"Come on Kenzie really? You moved seats just so you didn't have to sit near him. Why are you being so awkward around him?" I continued walking to the car as the boys were behind us. "I..can't put it into words" right before we were going to get into separate cars Johnny pulled me aside. "Go, I'll meet you there"

Brynn walked away with Hayden. "Can we talk?" I bit my lip. "Yeah, sure"

"What's going on with you? You've been so distant from me. I know what I did was wrong, but I want to make it up to you. I can't stand having you hate me"

"Johnny...I don't hate you. I can't, hate you. And I forgive you, for what you did. I can't stay mad at you forever"

"Wow...that was, easier than expected. Why? Why did you forgive me so soon?"

"Because...I can't be mad at you. I—.." Johnny looks at me thoughtfully. I was about to tell him..but...

"Kenzie!! We gotta go! Your mom is worried! She won't stop texting me!" I let out a sigh. "I'll uh...see you later" I reached out and gave him a hug. It felt nice, for the 5 seconds that it lasted. I looked up at him one last time then walked over to my car.

"So? What did you guys talk about?" I got into the car. So did she. "I told him I forgave him"

"What?! Already?" She started up the car and pulled out the driveway. "Yeah.." I put my head down. "What are you not telling me Kenz? I can tell when your keeping a secret" I looked up at Brynn. I hate it when she knows everything. I don't see how I could get out of this.

"I love him"