Ch//40 Just turned to dust

We walked into a building with different colored lights. It was like an arcade, but you could also eat at it. Since we were all craving food, we sat down at one of the booths in the corner. I sat down next to Hayden on one side, and Brynn sat down next to Carson on the other.

We all ordered our food and started to finish talking about the conversation we were having in the car. "So you got expelled from school?" I nodded my head at Hayden's question. "How?" Before I could speak Carson started. "Yeah, I heard about that. Johnny told me"

I rolled my eyes. Of course he did. "What happened?" Carson started to speak, and kept glancing over at me like he was waiting for me to tell him to stop. "Yeah...um..he..said that, their teacher...was making her keep tutoring him...or else, she'd be expelled...and she said 'then I guess I'm expelled" as Carson finished I glared at him and he turned his focus back to Hayden.

"Wow Kenz, you trying to be a rebel now?" Kenz, wow. I totally forgot about that nickname. I looked down at my lap and Hayden put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" I looked at him. "No..I'm, I'm...fi—"

Brynn cut me off mid sentence. "She's Fine Hayden, nothing to worry about" she looked at me with a look that said 'It's ok' I could never really thank god enough for her.

As we were finishing our food, we were talking about what we should do next. As soon as that happened, Johnny walked through the door. "What, is he stalking me now?" Hayden put his hand on my thigh. "Don't worry, I'll handle this" he stood up and walked over to Johnny.

Who was for some reason walking over to our table. Hayden pushed him back, and pointed towards the door. They both walked outside.
"You know, I had a dream once. That me and Johnny got together. And now, I'm really glad it was just a dream"

"What are you doing here Johnny? You said you wouldn't come when Carson first asked you"

"Yeah, and I changed my mind. Don't worry, I didn't break up the theme. I brought Nadia with me"

"Oh you've got to be kidding me. So Kenzie tells you she's over you and your back with that slut?"

"Shut the hell up Hayden. I'm sick of your opinions on my life choices. I can do whatever I want. And so what if I still like Kenz, that doesn't make it bad for me to see her"

"Ok, so answer this. Was it your idea to pour that bucket of a strawberry smoothie on her? Cause I doubt that Nadia came up with that on her own"

"Ok so? I was just getting her back from the day before"

"So your being petty? Really? I thought you were bigger than that"

"Why do you even care? You never cared about her before"

"Yes I have! You were always too busy using me to even see that! I always told you to never hurt her, that she didn't deserve it, but you are really selfish"

"Even if you told me that, I had a plan for after. But you went and screwed it up at Macy's party"

"I screwed it up?! You screwed it up when you decided to blackmail the teacher!"

"Hey boys!"

"Nadia? What the hell!" She started walking towards the entrance. "Don't go in there Nadia!"

I saw Nadia walk into the building. Now why the hell was she here!? She looked around and walked over to us. I stood up from the booth ready to leave, but Carson stood in front of me.
"Hey Cars, I see your hanging around the trash too now"

"Leave Nadia. We don't want you here"

"Oh that doesn't matter. This a public place, so I can come and go as I please"

"You're correct. That is your right. But we will be leaving, so you can reign your terror somewhere else" Carson grabbed Brynn's hand and led her away from Nadia. As I was following them Nadia pushed be back and my head hit up against the wall.

Of course no one could see us but Brynn and Carson because we were in a separate room. "Sorry, I slipped" she smirked. And Carson turned around and ran over to her, as Brynn ran over to me.

"Are you ok?" I put my hand on the back of my head. When I looked at it, there was blood all over it. I turned around and looked at the wall, there was blood splattered on the wall. "Oh my god! Kenzie!" I heard Hayden's voice come into the room.

And Johnny follow after him. "Really Nadia. I told you to scare her, not make her bleed" As Hayden came over to me, Nadia made her way out of the room. Carson was standing in between the both of them so they didn't get any closer.

Seconds later as I was getting up Nadia comes back. She had something behind her back but I couldn't see well due to the lack of blood I just lost. "Just let us leave Johnny, we don't want any trouble" Carson stated still standing guard of me.

"Not..yet" Nadia said right before I felt a sharp pain in my side. I looked down and saw knife. I couldn't even scream due to the pain, I just fell down. "What the hell!" I heard Johnny scream. He dragged her out the building. Brynn put her hand on the knife.

"No no, don't take it out. She'll lose more blood" Carson said as he picked me up bridal style. "We need to get her to the hospital, asap"

Hayden was speeding down the road while Brynn was holding me in her lap, blood all over her clothes. "Hayden we get your in a hurry, but you need to slow down before we have a bigger problem"

I felt them carry me into the hospital, I heard people screaming, then bright lights were everywhere. Someone was holding my hand, then suddenly it was gone.

Just turned to dust