Chapter fourteen

As Shyr and the heads of the military entered the courtyard they could see the legions also arriving out of narrow streets like a flood of water from a shiv. Shyr stood in-front of her followers and said "It is time we channel our force abilities through one being"
As she finished she found one after the other all placing their hands on one person, her.she could feel the raw power flowing into her, it was beyond anything thing the whills text could achieve. Then she channeled that power and focused it all on the giant gates.
She could feel every part of the gate as it fought to keep up right, she could feel the steel beginning to bend to her will But not fully only the tips of the gates were giving way while the body still held firm. She concentrated harder and tensed her face from the sheer will she had to exhaust.
Crrrrrrrkkkkk!.
That's it, the gates coming down just a little more pressure as she tightened her grip more the gate began to shake with such ferocity that you'd believe they were shackled there as a punishment.Thud.
She loosened her clenched hand and opened her eyes to see the gate laying in a warped mess at the foot of the statue.
The legions began to emerge from hiding. Shyr thought they must have believed this gate was rigged or something by the emperor himself.
Then she felt her legs and arms grow weak as she fell to the ground.
"My lord, you must rest for a moment" General Ilam said as he propped Shyr up right along a wall.
"What is happening to me general, I feel so weak, so empty?" Shyr spoke with exhaustion and weakness that her voice was barely audible.
"We knew there would be risks channeling 40 other force users into one being, it seems to me that what you are feeling is a vacuum of power. But take relief in the knowledge that you will be up to your usual self after a short rest" General Ilam spoke with ease and passion for her wellbeing "I shall debrief the legions on the next faze of our assault and get them into place ready for the assault"
Shyrs hand caught Ilam as he pivoted upward "General, I am glad you were here, if you weren't this whole plan would never have worked"
"Yes, my lord, although I suspect you still would have won the day without my support" general Ilam said as he departed her side.
Shyr crossed her legs and placed the palms of her hands flat on her knees and closed her eyes.

There is no peace, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain knowledge .
Through knowledge, I gain power.
Through power, I gain tranquility.
Through tranquility, I gain victory .
The force is my tool, and I it's instrument.