Chapter 14

Somehow even though you'd been up way too late, you and Sammi were still the first ones up. She smirked at the blanket covering her. "Wonder who put these here..." she commented. You didn't enlighten her that it was probably Loki. The two of you took over the kitchen and made the most chocolaty sugary delicious pancakes you could. When the team came downstairs while you were cooking, they all looked nauseous at your creation. Even Loki didn't look brave enough to try them and sweets were definitely one of his weaknesses. You took pity on the others and made normal pancakes as well.

You all sat around the dining room table, enjoying a breakfast together for once. Sammi stepped on everyone's toes as usual, asking questions that were none of her business, but everyone somehow answered anyway.

"Did I pass your inspection?" Loki asked her curiously part of the way through breakfast.

Sammi grinned at him in reply. You could see that she was tempted to tease him. "I'll let you live. For now," she replied.

Loki inclined his head regally, though you could see his smirk. "That is quite gracious, Lady Morgan," his voice and tone was formal, but his smirk gave him away as joking.

"Miss Morgan, your father has arrived to pick you up," Jarvis' voice announced.

"That is wicked cool," Sammi commented, looking up at the ceiling where Jarvis' voice seemed to come from.

"Jarvis, send Mr. Morgan up here if you will," Cap ordered while Tony was accepting the compliment on his AI creating ability.

"Police Chief Morgan does not have proper clearance, sir," Jarvis replied.

"Overriden, J," Tony told the AI swiftly and returned to his conversation with Sammi explaining all the things Jarvis ran around the tower and for the Avengers.

You blanched when you realized that Chief Morgan was on his way up here. He couldn't see your scars and you didn't have time to run upstairs and get something better to cover your arms than the pajama tank top you were wearing. "Darling? What's wrong?" Loki asked, looking at your horrified expression. You were already standing from the table to try to run up to your room anyway.

You leaned down to whisper in his ear. "He can't see my scars." It took effort to keep your voice a careful whisper. You didn't want to ask him to use magic on your behalf. Instead, you looked for something in the room, but there wasn't anything that would be convincing.

"Since when can you talk?" Sammi demanded as she stood from the table. Loki summoned a zippered hoodie and handed it to you. You kissed his cheek and slipped it on, realizing it was actually one of his. It was too big and comfortable and smelled like him.

[I can talk to Loki and Thor as long as I'm careful] you signed quickly to Sammi who was still glaring at you for not telling her you could speak.

"Why can Sammi's father specifically not see your scars?" Loki asked softly. You sighed, there wasn't time to explain all of this.

[After he's gone?] Loki inclined his head.

"Very well." He wouldn't let you forget about his question.

The elevator dinged and Chief Morgan stepped out of it into the living room. You and Sammi both went to greet him. Sammi hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Hi dad,"

"Did you two have fun?" he asked, looking over the disaster that was the living room.

"Lots," Sammi grinned. The others were filing into the room to meet Sammi's dad. Loki hung back, not wanting to draw attention to himself, especially as he was your boyfriend. He was observing the interaction, though, seeming wary of the police chief. "Y/N, do you want to do the introductions, or should I?" You gestured to her. Chief Morgan tried, but he didn't sign well. Sammi made introductions all around and everyone shook hands.