Chapter 21

You knew there was an event coming up when they let your ground yourself back in reality for weeks. They had stopped watching you as closely thinking that you were cowed. They did still shock you just to be assholes, which only fueled your anger and desire to escape. You would escape, just as soon as the gala came. So you watched and waited and tried to focus back on reality while your mind was clear of the visions. You had to be focused to see the first of the clues.

You knew when the blue dress arrived that it was time.

After months of careful planning and waiting.

It was time.

The day the dress arrived you began whispering to the guards who would be wearing headphones the night of the gala. You had seen which ones they would be. You had to be careful that no one would catch you at it, but you had seen this too and knew when they would be alone and it would be safe to whisper persuasions to them. So you carefully, so very carefully, whispered the persuasions, so very grateful that you had acquired that skill.

Even if your friends couldn't come, couldn't get to you, you were getting out of this hell.

It was time to be a self-rescuing princess.

The night of the gala, you were dressed in the blue dress and smuggled into the ballroom. This was a Hydra only event, and a masquerade gala. It was perfect for all of your planning. You weren't given a mask of course; they all wanted to see you as you were. They wanted to see your scars and congratulate themselves on having your prophecies for their purposes.

You had to wander the crowd with your guards in tow until it was time for the performance. You kept your eyes out the entire time you did. You saw a familiar curl of red hair, an equally familiar cut of a jawline, a ceiling tile that was just out of place, a suspicious-looking umbrella propped against the wall. You stayed away from those familiarities. It wasn't time yet for them.

It wasn't long before you were on the stage, the microphone in your hand. You saw the attractive woman with red hair start flirting with your guards.

It was nearly time.

You began to sing, soothing the crowd, drawing their attention to you, drawing them to you with the siren's song.

Still the woman flirted with the guards.

Just a little longer.

The guards saw nothing but the woman and how her attention wasn't on you. Your persuasions held and they removed their headphones to talk to her properly.

The very instant the headphones were off, you changed the high note you had been singing to the loudest, angriest, most blood-curdling scream you could muster. Everyone in the crowd dropped, except the six in the crowd you had been watching.

You smiled at them as they turned to the stage, rushing to you. The umbrella flew across the ballroom towards it's owner as they ran to you. "We're here, Y/N!" Cap called unnecessarily. Nat was closest, she had been flirting with your guards. Clint, Tony, Thor, and Bruce were all running over and around the falling/fallen bodies.

Loki was nowhere to be seen.

You didn't realize you had messed up your plan until one of the guards hit the button on his way to the floor. You fell to your knees, howling in pain, as the collar went off like it never had before. There was a crackle of electricity and your friends yelps of pain as the comm devices fried in their ears. They were down a moment later, no longer protected from you screams of pain.