Chapter 28

Again you dreamed of Loki in chains and again you cursed the gods of the visions for not giving you more information. The image changed at your cursing and Loki was in a prison cell with glass walls, but like nothing you'd ever seen on Earth, the walls seemed to shimmer with power. He was looking directly at you, pounding on the glass of his cell, yelling something that you couldn't make out. The expression of pain, sorrow, and sheer desperation on his face broke your heart.

*

Nat woke you way too early the next morning, which was just mean after she'd drugged you again after you got back from Universal. There hadn't been enough time for the sleeping pills to work their way out of your system. You groaned at her, since the sleeping pills hadn't worn off. "C'mon, we're getting an early start today. You can sleep on the drive, but you have to change first," she told you kindly. You don't know how you got up and dressed and you surely didn't remember anything about what you put on.

You let Loki steer you to the limo, chuckling at how adorably asleep you were. You flipped him off for being mean. He kissed the top of your head. "I'm sorry, darling," he replied softly. "That was mean," he agreed. You were dead sleep again the moment you were settled in the limo.

*

"Darling, we're here," Loki told you, gently shaking you awake when the limo stopped. You groaned, but he provided you with a cup of tea, so you gave him a smile and downed the tea for the caffeine.

"We have a little bit of a walk. The limo can only get so close," Tony added as everyone began piling out of the limo. You had an idea what was going on when all of the boys were wearing swim trunks and T-shirts.

It was a short walk in the pre-dawn to the beach from the limo. You all decided on a spot and set out blankets, chairs, and umbrellas. By the time everything was set up, the sun was beginning to rise. You watched it in awe, amazed by the gorgeous sunrise over the water.

You spent the morning hunting shells with Loki, daring to get no more than your toes wet. "I bought you a new swimsuit, Y/N! You should show it off!" Tony grumbled once the sun was truly up and the day had warmed. The guys besides Loki and Bruce had all lost their shirts once it warmed enough. Bruce was sitting with a book under one of the giant umbrellas.

[What swimsuit?] you signed back, precariously balancing your shells as you did.

Nat just rolled in laughter. "You really weren't paying attention to what you put on this morning, were you?" she continued laughing as she stripped off her own shirt and shorts to display a very flattering black and red bikini. She tossed a bottle of sunscreen to Clint and laid down on one of the towels. Clint rolled his eyes, but obligingly began applying the sunscreen to her back.

You rejoined them and deposited your collection of shells next to one of the blankets where they'd be safe. "No need to be self-conscious, Lady Y/N!" Thor boomed, which wasn't helping the fact that you were self conscious.

You deflected awhile longer by gesturing to Loki, who was still wearing his t-shirt. "Y/N, you know I don't do well in the heat," Loki reminded you. You gave him a look and crossed your arms. He sighed. "You're not going to give up, are you?" he asked.

[Are you going to?]

"Fine," he huffed and stripped off his shirt, dropping it on one of the beach blankets. "Happy?" he asked while you admired the view. You grinned and nodded.

[lie down] you ordered, gesturing to the blanket.

"Bossy today," he commented with a smirk, but did as you ordered when he saw the bottle of sunscreen in your hand. You were tempted to smack his ass for his sarcastic comment. But that would be rude. So you did it anyway. "Hey! That was my ass!" He yelped and glared at you while you giggled innocently at him. The others laughed at his outburst. He moved to get up to retaliate, though you had no idea what he'd do. You placed a hand between his shoulderblades and sat on the ass you had just smacked so he couldn't get up to retaliate without throwing you off of him. He huffed and grumbled, but laid his head on his folded arms. You tied his hair up into a bun and got to work, rubbing sunscreen on his back, and massaging the muscles of his back once the sunscreen was applied. He purred in pleasure, your transgression forgotten.