Chapter 45

Thor sighed heavily. "Come along, newlyweds. We have things to do," Thor told you both, interrupting your moment. Oaf.

"What things?" Loki asked as he reluctantly climbed out of the bed; you equally reluctantly followed him out of the bed. With a little concentration and magic, your clothes shimmered to jeans and a t-shirt.

Thor's eyes widened. "Brother-?" he asked, assuming it was Loki's magic.

Loki smirked and shook his head. He kissed the top of your head. "My darling wife has her own magic now that she is Asgardian," he told Thor with pride in his voice. "And she is learning spectacularly,"

"Great... just what we needed. Two troublesome magic users," Thor sighed heavily, shaking his head in exasperation. "Brother, make sure you teach her well. It was a nightmare dealing with you when you were learning..."

"I was a child!" Loki protested indignantly.

"You used to turn my hair colors when you sneezed," Thor reminded him dryly. "I was stuck with pink hair for a month when you had dragon pox," he grumbled as he led you and Loki from the room. You couldn't help laughing at the image of Thor with pink hair.

Loki turned to you. "I'll teach you to turn his hair colors later, darling. It's much more fun to do it consciously," Thor just sighed heavily and just continued on his way to the elevator.

"You two are going to be the death of me," Thor sighed.

"Speaking of annoying the shit out of you, mind taking this stupid thing off?" Loki raised his wrist to indicate the restraining tech. "If you'd like me to be able to actually teach Y/N properly..." he added, hedging his bets that Thor would put everyone's safety above his annoyance at his brother.

"Stark will at breakfast," Thor finally replied.

Stark did take off the piece of tech from Loki's wrist at breakfast while Cap droned on and on about the press conference. "Y/N, you should call your mom and Sammi before the press conference," Cap added when he realized it was clear that you were only half paying attention to his lecture at best.

[Why?] you demanded. You had no interest in talking to your mom, but Sammi was a different story.

"Because your mom will want to hear that you went to Asgard, got married, returned from Asgard, and lost your powers from you and not from a press conference," Cap reminded you. It was your turn to sigh heavily. You didn't want to tell your mom about any of those things.

[I'm 19 now?] you tried. Cap just gave you a look and you sighed harder. [Fine, I'll call her] You kissed Loki's cheek and grabbed on to the Jarvis screens to take into the living room to make your calls.

"Y/N!" you mom exclaimed the second you video-called her. You waved at her in reply. "I haven't heard from you in ages! How's everything going?" she was too happy, too overprotective. She'd wanted you to come home after you'd been rescued from Hydra and you'd refused. You definitely weren't changing your mind now.

[A lot has happened...] you started and slowly began to tell her about recent events.

Needless to say she wasn't happy. "You come home this instant!" she demanded. "Nothing but trouble has come since you started living with those people!"

[No!] you signed quickly, tears in your eyes. Loki saw your harsh movement and started to come over to support you. [I'm happy here. I'm 19, mom, I chose to get married. I choose to live here. I'm not a kid anymore. You can't force me to live there where I'd be miserable] you signed too quickly, but she seemed to still get the point.

She glared. "Come home for a visit. Let me see you in person," she finally said.

[Mom...]

"Don't you 'mom' me, young lady. I'm your mother and I am allowed to worry about you,"

[Fine. Tomorrow. And I'm bringing my husband] you told her firmly and ended the call. You looked over at Loki [Sorry] you told him.

"Of course I'll face your mother with you," he promised and wrapped his arms around you. "She has no power over you anymore, darling," he reminded you warmly. "Why don't you call Sammi? She'll cheer you up. And probably meet us tomorrow to face your mother with us," he reminded you. You nodded and curled yourself in Loki's arms to call Sammi

"Hey Y/N, Loki!" Sammi greeted you both when she picked up the video call.

"Lady Sammi," Loki replied with a smirk while you waved. Sammi rolled her eyes at being called a lady.

"Y/N, your boyfriend is weird," Sammi informed you again, making you laugh.

[Husband] you corrected and held up your ring.

"You got married?! And didn't tell me? And didn't let me throw you a bachelorette party? How dare you!" Sammi exclaimed indignantly. You laughed and began to explain about all of the recent events. "Odin was going to imprison him. So you decided to go break him out?!? Dumbass! He's a god!"

"I told you, darling, that was not your brightest plan," Loki told you warmly and kissed the top of your head. You leaned your head back to look up at him and stuck your tongue out at him.

"Oi, newlyweds!" Stark called when you had finished your calls. You and Loki both looked over at him and he tossed something your way. Loki reached up a hand to catch whatever it was. "Your apartment's done!" he told you as you looked over the keys in Loki's hand.

You grinned, signed a quick [Thank you] and took Loki's hand to go check out your new living arrangements. He laughed and let you drag him along with you. When you stepped off the elevator on your floor, you saw that it was immediately different. The elevator opened onto a little entryway with a rack for shoes and coats and a door into the apartment proper. [Looks like he gave us the whole floor] you told Loki as you stepped forward to open the door.

Inside was a huge three bedroom apartment with a full kitchen, dining room, and living room. "It appears you are correct, darling," Loki replied, looking around your new space, touched. The entire apartment was furnished with state of the art everything and the master bedroom had all of your things, plus brand new furniture.

[An apartment fit for a prince] you teased at the amazing space. One of the bedrooms was set up as a guest room, the other a library, you noted.

"And his princess," Loki told you warmly and kissed you.