nasa

"i'd rather be alone tonight,
you can say "i love you" through the phone tonight."

rosa invited me to sleep over at her house. it was saturday and i didn't really have anything to do but i politely declined. billie has been weird lately. very lovey dovey and friendly which i like but also don't.

girls are confusing as fuck.

she's straight and, as far as i can tell, homophobic. she probably heard the rumors and is just trying to mess with me or something. i'm going to make sure i keep my distance.

don't wanna get attached.

"don't really feel all that good tonight." i lied to rosa on the phone. i just wanted some time with my thoughts but i didn't want her worrying or anything. "okay, i love you." she said, sounding hurt. "i love you too." i said before hanging up.

i woke up with a headache bright and early sunday morning. it was probably from all the crying i did last night. i decided today i was going to tell billie how i felt. i was head over heals for this girl.

BILLIE

hey, can we meet up somewhere and talk?

sure, where at?

the community library

i crossed my fingers and hoped she knew where it was so i could get this over with quickly. i didn't know what she was gonna say but i didn't care. i just needed to get it off my chest.

i waited about ten minutes until billie showed up. she sat by me in the closed off area of the library.

"what'd you wanna talk about babygirl?" she asked sweetly.

"i love you, billie. like, i'm in love with you." i blurted. her face looked confused and taken aback. i kinda wanted to laugh but now wasn't the time. she didn't say anything for a while and then pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

my heart melted and i was happy.

but that didn't last long.

"listen, y/n..."