Part 22: Big Belly Burger

November 10th, 2018

5:30 pm

CORTEX

Caitlin walked into the Cortex with a tablet in hand as Cisco sat by his desk typing on his computer.

"Hey Caitlin," greeted Cisco.

"Hey Cisco," replied Caitlin looking up from her tablet.

"Where's Henry?" asked Cisco looking behind her.

"He's on his mission," replied Caitlin.

"Still!" said Cisco looking at her like she was crazy. "Hasn't that kid ever heard of a break," asked Cisco taking a sip of his coffee as Caitlin rolled her eyes fondly at him.

"He doesn't have a lot of time here with us Cisco," replied Caitlin sadly wishing Henry could stay with her longer.

"Well do you know where he is?" asked Cisco looking at her.

"Nope," replied Caitlin shaking her head. "He came by earlier this morning to see me but, he could be anywhere by now," said Caitlin plopping down on one of the chairs.

"Well lucky for you, I think I know where he is," replied Cisco typing frantically on his computer.

"How?" asked Caitlin turning around to look at him questionably.

"I may or may not have put a tracker in his suit," confessed Cisco timidly.

"You did what?!" asked Caitlin staring at him in shock.

"Relax," said Cisco assuring her. "It was a precaution in case he ever got hurt or if we ever needed to know where he was," replied Cisco.

"How did you even get a hold of his suit?" asked Caitlin walking over towards him.

"He left it here one night and my curiosity got the best of me," replied Cisco shrugging.

"Although, I got to say that suit is pretty dope! It has some type of coating that is out of this world (ehm, Nth metal; allows you to store energy and release it)! Along with an advanced reinforced tripolymer layer (the suit is also infused with a Promethium layer, the strongest metal in DC)," said Cisco geeking out.

"Well, do you know where he is?" asked Caitlin looking over his shoulder.

Typing on his computer, Cisco began to pinpoint Henry's location. "It says he's here, at Star Labs," replied Cisco reading the information on the screen.

"Where?" asked Caitlin looking around the room for her son.

"At the pipeline," said Cisco pulling up the footage of the pipeline. Standing up, Cisco grabbed his coat beginning to walk out of the Cortex.

"Where are you going?" asked Caitlin following after him.

"That kid needs a break and I intend to give him one," replied Cisco walking away determinedly with Caitlin on his heels.

-----------------------------

PIPELINE

After a long and exaggerating day, Henry finally caught the metahuman he was looking for. Throwing him into the pipeline, Henry looked at him through the glass with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Hey let me out of here! I'll escape you hear me! I'll get out of here, and once I do, I'm going to destroy you and everyone you love," said the metahuman banging on the glass as Henry began to walk away.

"Yeah, yeah, I've already heard that before," said Henry waving the metahuman off as he walked out with a smile on his face.