Part 29: Dead?

SPEEDFORCE

Sometimes LATER...

Henry's body lays peacefully on a futuristic hospital bed. Checking his vitals, speed force Barry noted that Henry's wounds were starting to heal beautifully. Looking down at his tablet, speed force Barry began to document his progress.

With his eyes closed, Henry felt his whole body throbbing in pain. Groaning, Henry began to open his eyes only to be blinded by a bright light. His heart monitor began to increase notifying speed force Barry that Henry was awake.

"Woah, calm down," stated speed force Barry standing by Henry's side.

"Dad," Henry asked looking at him. "Where am I?" Henry looks around the room noticing that he wasn't in the Cortex.

"Relax, ok, we can explain," speed force Barry smiles. Looking into his eyes, Henry was met back with pitch black pupils, not the typical sea green color of his father's eyes. Panicking Henry's heart rate began to increase. This was not his father. Flashing at the person who was disguised as his father, Henry pinned them against the wall at lightning speed.

"Who the hell are you?! What have you done to me?! Where am I?!" yelled Henry looking at the person in the eye.

Closing their eyes the person began to fade out of Henry's arm making him step back in shock.

"We are the speed force," replied the speed force standing behind Henry. Turning around Henry watched as the speed force turned from Barry to Cisco. Looking around the room, Henry noticed the faint glow of the speed force aura around them.

"The speed force," Henry relaxes noticing that he was safe. "How did I get here?" asked Henry looking at speed force Cisco confused.

"What's the last thing you remember?" asked the speed force looking at him.

"Umm...," said Henry scratching the back of his head. "The last thing I remember was stopping the singularity from engulfing the city," Henry recounted after a few minutes. "But everything after that was a blur," sighed Henry laying back down on the hospital bed. "Wait! Did I save the city?" He asks sitting up abruptly.

"Yes, you did," the speed force told him as Henry sighed in relief.

"Then what am I doing here?" inquired Henry.

"Well," began the speed force. "While you were running around the singularity, you managed to generate enough energy to create a pulse. You saved the city at the cost of your life. You ran so fast that you split your atoms apart."

"Why am I not dead?" asked Henry scrunching his eyebrows.

"You're a very powerful speedster, Henry. The most powerful speedster ever to exist in history," said the speed force takes a step towards him. "Your powers are too powerful to go to waste. We saw something in you, Henry. So we decided to spare your life, in exchange for your service," speed force Cisco bargains.

"Service?" inquired Henry raising an eyebrow.

"We would like to recruit you to join our force in protecting the space and time continuum," the speed force tells Henry. "If you're up for it, that is,"

Taking a moment, Henry thought about the offer. He wanted to stop Nora, maybe this was his chance too. "Well you did save my life, so it's the least I could do," answered Henry.

"Great," smiled speed force Cisco shaking Henry's hand.

"Where do I start," asked Henry looking at the speed force in the eye confidently.........................................

--------------------------------------------

"And that's how I became Pursuit," Henry ended, retelling the story minus the part about Caitlin being in the coma, and Nora working with Thawne.

"Wow," Caitlin gasped overwhelmed by it. "I can't imagine what must have been going through mine and Barry's head knowing that you were dead," she said looking at Henry.

"Yeah, you guys were pretty devastated," Henry said looking down.

Well, one of you, anyways, thought Henry since Caitlin was in a coma.

"Look, Mom," Henry called looking up at her. "Can we please keep what Nora did to you between us. I don't need dad or anyone else worrying. I can handle Nora on my own," stated Henry not wanting the team to find out who Nora really is.

"Sure," agreed Caitlin nodding her head. Walking over towards her Henry looked into her eyes. Raising his hand in the air, Henry created an icy mist.

"May I," asked Henry looking into her eyes.

Looking at her son and back to his hand, Caitlin nodded her head slowly. Moving his hand towards her, Henry lightly touched the wound on her arm healing it with his ice powers before doing the same to the cut on her cheek.

"There," said Henry taking a step back. "Ice healing has its perks," shrugged Henry as Caitlin looked at him amazed.

"It's getting late. I think I'm gonna call it a night," said Henry walking towards her. "Goodnight mom," said Henry kissing her on the cheek before making his way towards the bathroom to change.

"Goodnight," said Caitlin looking at the spot where Henry had once stood. For some reason, she felt like he was holding back on something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HENRY'S ALIVE! 🙌 BUT BEING TURNED INTO DUST WAS PAINFUL 😣.

WHAT DID U GUYS THINK?  IS CAITLIN ONTO HIM?

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE ABOUT HOW FUTURE BARRY REACTS TO HENRY'S DEATH. DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND COMMENT. I WILL UPDATE NEXT WEEK.