Part 29: The Talk

November 13th, 2018

CAITLIN'S APARTMENT

1:00 am

Henry laid asleep on the couch having yet another nightmare.

Henry's Dream P.O.V

....After taking down the meta human, Henry made his way towards the Cortex with a smile on his face. Feeling a gust of wind coming from behind him, Henry turned around expecting to see his father but was met with Nora standing by his mother's bedside. Grabbing the syringe from her pocket, Nora injected Caitlin with a serum before flashing away.

"No," cried Henry rushing over towards Caitlin fearing the worst. Caitlin's heart monitor began to increase rapidly as she began to seize.

"Help someone!!!" called out Henry as Barry and Cisco came rushing into the room.

"What happened?" asked Barry looking at the scene.

"Nora injected her with something. I need you to hold her down," explained Henry as Barry and Cisco followed his orders. Rushing over to the medical cabinets Henry began to frantically look for a sedative.

"Hurry Henry," exclaimed Barry trying to hold his wife down

"Got it," replied Henry holding up the cure. "Stand back," exclaimed Henry as he injected his mother with it. Slowly, Caitlin's heart rate began to decrease letting everyone sigh in relief. Suddenly, Caitlin started to flat-line.

"What's happening?" asked Cisco as Henry began to look at the heart monitor rate for a sign.

"Whatever Nora injected her with must be reacting to the cure. Instead of saving her, it's killing her," replied Henry. "Quick get the crash cart and the oxygen mask now," ordered Henry.

"Come on Cait, come on," prayed Barry holding onto her hand.

Grabbing the equipment, Cisco passed the oxygen mask to Barry as Henry was doing chest compression's. "Charge the panels," informed Henry as Cisco turned on the machine.

"There charged," said Cisco handing Henry the panels.

"Clear," said Henry shocking his mother. Watching as his mother's body jolted up from the electrical shock Henry glanced at the heart monitor hoping for a pulse. Seeing no pulse Henry began to panic.

"Charge it 400 joules," Henry ordered Cisco

"Charge it 400 joules," Henry ordered Cisco. Turning the nob to 400 joules, Henry shocked his mother. Hearing the sound of her flat-line Henry began to tear up.

"Turn it all the way!" Henry commanded Cisco. Shocking his mother Henry waited. Hearing the sound of her flat-line in the background, Henry began to shock his mother multiple times trying to revive her. Despite his father's and uncle's protest to stop, Henry kept going. Holding his son back Barry tried to stop Henry from shocking Caitlin again.