Red Berries

You finished putting the last jewel encrusted spoon with the rest of the silverware, and took a step back to look and your handy work.

Dishes, vases, jewelry, watches, shiny satins and other stuff were all gathered together in their respective categories.

Knives and swords and other potential weapons were left untouched in the gold pile. You didn't want to tempt yourself.

"Wow." You flipped around, Kirishima had woken up.

You tried to think of a good explanation for why you were organizing his stuff, but came up with nothing. "I was bored," You explained.

"No need to explain yourself. I like it." He said and grinned at you. You found it very contagious and had to bite down hard on your lip before you smiled back. Funny how at ease you felt when when you were around him, especially considering your supposed hate for him. Were you actually warming up to a kidnapper?

"I saw that, you were smiling."

"Shut up, no I wasn't!"

"Suuure. Since you finished with that, do you want to maybe go to the base of the mountain and find something to do?"

He said it so casually as if you had been friends for years and not acquaintances  by chance-- you say chance, more like by crime.

A visit to the base would more than likely give you a chance to scout the surrounding area and prepare you for escape. You nodded slowly. 

"Alright, come on." You followed him out of the cave and to the ledge. He stepped around to your back so that you were in front of him. "Hold your arms out."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

You held your arms out and he proceeded to gently lift you and fly you to the base of the mountain. Soon as your feet touched the ground, you scrambled out of his grasp.

The surrounding area looked much different from below, you had previously only seen it from the top. Now, you could see that the forest was dark and eerie.

"So, first things first, we need to make some rules clear."

"Ughhh."

"If you run, or try to escape, I will find you and bring you back. You won't be allowed to leave the cave anymore."

"And if I don't run?"

"...I suppose if you can prove to me that you can be trusted, your freedom won't be restricted as much. For now, I'm going to be at your side at all times.

"Like a pest."

"Rude."

"Or a parasite."

"Anyway, have anything in mind for what you want to do?" Kirishima asked.

You didn't want to do anything but go home.

Why did you want to go home? Well, for one, you had responsibilities in your town. For another, if the king caught wind of your sudden disappearance after you agreed--your mom agreed-- to the wedding, then there'd most likely be consequences for her and anyone else remotely related to you.

You glanced upwards to the mountain that towered above you and the forest. This was one side, and the other had your escape way. Maybe you could get him to tour you around that area so you could plot your plan better?

"What's on the other side of this mountain?" You asked.

"That's off limits at the moment, for another day. For now, let's stay in the surrounding area."