What's The Time? A Quarter To Nine

The rays of the late afternoon sun crept over the walls of the cave interior. You dropped what you were holding-- a fork, which you had intended on stabbing into Kirishima if he cornered you again-- and leaned into the sun's path, allowing it to bathe your body in its warm light.

Bathe...

Bath. It had occurred to you that you probably did severely need a bath. A real one, not a dip in a muddy river. It had been days since you last had one, and that probably wasn't doing your open leg wound any good.

"Kirishima."

The halfbreed looked up from where he was picking the remains of his meal from his teeth. "Hm?" His eyes lazily wandered to your now standing figure.

"I need to wash up," you said.

"What?"

"... I need a bath."

"A bath?"

"Yeah. Y'know what that is, right?" You gave Kirishima the benefit of the doubt, and figured that maybe he at least had some way of cleaning himself that you weren't aware of. In fact, now that you were looking, you realized there currently wasn't a speck of dirt on him.

"Of course I know what that is."

"Well, I could really use one." You picked a small leaf from your hair to emphasize your point.

"It's late."

"Not that late," you reasoned.

"It's late." He repeated, more sternly this time.

"Fine. I was just hoping we could go to a hot spring or something. Even if it's tomorrow."

"Well," Kirishima scratched his head thoughtfully, "Your leg--"

"Would heal better if I kept my hygiene up."

"I suppose."

"Please?" You pleaded.

"If you're that desperate, you can try the dragon way of bathing."

"What exactly is the 'dragon way of bathing'?"

"Depends. We have several alternatives. Some dragons bathe in storms or dust, others in their gold pile, but most envelope themselves in the breath of their element."

"What about you?"

"The latter, I'm part of the inferno species that bathes in flames."

You got a mental image of yourself trying that, and it wasn't pretty.

"I'm not setting myself on fire."

Kirishima laughed. "Of course not. That would be harming yourself, or in other words, a direct violation of my orders."

He was still laughing, but it didn't reach his eyes, as if he was daring you to try him. You rolled your eyes, even though you felt a chill creep up your back.

"Oh, no," you replied sarcastically as a defense mechanism, "I'd never want to disobey you."

Kirishima found your sarcasm amusing. "The element of a dragon is mostly concentrated magic. My fire is special, and unlike normal fire, it doesn't just do damage."