Kindness

"Kirishima? You can come up now..." There was no answer, and you found yourself growing excruciatingly worried with every second that passed by. "Kirishima!?"

You leaned over the edge, searching for some sign of life from the dragon. Then it suddenly occurred to you: Why did you care at all? You could leave him in there, and with him out of the way, you could head back.

But instead you found yourself calling his name once more, you feared the worst. Could dragons swim? Your lack of knowledge about his species was frustrating. You felt a pain grip your chest, why the hell were you worried about your kidnapper?

Then suddenly, a stream of water hit you directly in the face. Kirishima had come up and spit water at you like he was a cherub fountain.

"You bitch!"

"Aw, you do care."

"Shut up, I thought you had drowned."

"Well, I can swim pretty well so I wouldn't worry too much about that." He looked off into the distance, where the sun was beginning to dip downwards. "It's late, we should get back."

You nodded and grabbed the bowl of red berries and your shoes and leggings before he picked you up bridal style and flew you back into the cave.

During the short trip up, you couldn't help but think that if your knowledge of his kind was limited, then it was likely that it was the same way for him.

*~*~*~*

After night fell, you complained about the chilly air. Kirishima told you one way to stay warm was to curl up next to him, but you immediately refused his offer, opting to stay on the other end of the cave. Funny enough, he didn't force you to come over, instead, he left the cave and returned with wood to build a fire.

He ignited it with his breath, and once he got it roaring, he motioned for you to move closer to it. You did, immediately feeling the heat returning to your body.

"Alright," Kirishima began. "I'm turning in. I know I sleep an awful lot, but technically dragons hibernate for weeks at a time so I'm actually underachieving by those standards. Goodnight."

"Night," you replied, watching as he curled up on his cache. He shifted a little, before turning into his full dragon form and dozing off.

*~*~*

The fire was still going strong when you awoke. You suspected that Kirishima had gotten up and rekindled it last night.

"Good morning, sleepy head," he chirped. "Did you sleep well?" He was sitting crisscross applesauce on the other side of the fire, and you wondered how long he had been there. His tail was wagging back and forth, like a puppy's tail might do if it's happy or excited.

You started to thank him, but opted instead to keep your unforgiving prisoner facade up.

"I would have slept better if I was home in my bed instead of on the ground in a cave."

"...I see. I'm sorry I couldn't be more accommodating." His head hung slightly and you noticed that his tail stopped wagging.

You felt a twinge of guilt, especially since you had slept fine last night.

You glanced around the cave, noticing a surplus of fluffy white stuff. You squinted, it was definitely wool. "Where'd all this wool come from?"

"Well, I kinda went and raided a farm while you were sleeping, and there were some sheep, so I snacked on two or maybe seven." He reached into the fire--bare handed-- and pulled out one of his gold pots. "Breakfast!"

"Sheep?"

"No," he replied, taking the lid off. Inside, the pot was full to the brim with scrambled eggs. "I did say I raided a farm. There, uh, were some angry chickens." He coughed up a feather and blinked at you.

"Oh, wow, um..."

"You're gonna eat this time, right?"

"Yeah, I'd rather not go through that whole being dropped through the air to my demise thing again."

You started to accept the pot from him, but stopped when you remembered how hot it was. He noticed your hesitation, and quickly realized where he had messed up.

"My bad, I forgot only dragons have a heat immunity." He grabbed a different dish and poured the contents of the pot inside. "You should be able to handle this."

You accepted the new dish, also taking a jewel encrusted spoon to eat the eggs with.

"Hey, wait, how'd you learn to cook like this?"

"I've seen a few humans camp outside before." He shrugged. "Maybe I picked something up?" His gaze shifted to where your hand was resting thoughtlessly against your bandage. "How's your leg?"

You moved your hand and shifted it a bit. The sharp ache had turned into a dull throb that you could ignore, as long as you didn't do anything too extraneous. "It's fine."

Kirishima nodded, and moved until he was laying on his back with his arms behind his head and his legs bent and crossed. His tail was to the side and his wings were folded behind him. As you ate, he stared at the sky through the sky light.

"The, uh, wool. I can use it," you said after a while.

"Hmm?"

"I can wash it, dry it out, make a bed."

"Hey, and then you'd sleep better!" He had sat up, obviously loving the idea of you finding ways to adjust to life in a cave.

"Yeah..."

*~*~*~*

You finished your eggs and then he took you down the mountain again. You had gathered all the wool together and brought the dishes along as well, to wash them in the stream.

As you kneeled down, you noticed Kirishima. He looked like he was deep in thought, kicking pebbles into the stream. He watched the ripples disappear in the current, staring blankly.

"Somewhere, a farmer is screaming because half of his livestock are missing," you spoke before you had second thoughts, playful tones in your voice.

"You think so? I didn't think he'd mind too much."

"I'm just teasing you, Kirishima."

"O-oh." The corners of his lips turned upwards into a smile, something you didn't realize you had been missing.

You washed the wool until it was clean and white, then rung them out with Kirishima's help.

"Here, I'll hang it up." He took the wool from you and flew it up to a high point on the mountain before hooking it there to dry.

He flew back down and landed gently beside you.

"So what were you planning to do with those berries?"

"I nearly forgot about those. I'm done here." You raised the clean dishes which were now sparkling two times as much.

"Ooh." Kirishima took them from your hands, and gazed intently at them. "S-shiny." After a moment, you realized that he seemed to be caught up in some sort of trance, so you decided to snap him out of it.

"Okaaaay you can take me back up now."

"Huh? Oh, yeah." He handed you back the dishes and scooped you up into his arms before flying you back up.

********

Meanwhile, young Izuku Midoriya stepped out into his family's field with a bucket of chicken feed clutched in one hand. As soon as he saw the fields, his bucket dropped and his eyes widened in horror, right before he let out a blood curdling scream.

It was a massacre, blood covered the field. There were sharp claw marks on the wall of the chicken coop, feathers everywhere. Nearly half of the sheep and chickens were gone.

He had no doubt, his farm had been visited by a werewolf.