Cave Painting

Kirishima retrieved your wool and you cleared a spot for it. As you placed it down and fluffed it to the best of your ability you felt his gaze on you.

"What?"

"I'd rather you put it closer." He gestured to the pile of gold.

You had to remind yourself that he was your kidnapper and being too buddy buddy with him would suppress the fact that you did not want to be there. "No, it's fine."

"...Suit yourself."

After creating your makeshift bed, you gathered a stone and some water, along with your berries. You examined the cave until you found a suitable wall and then plopped yourself and your stuff in front of it.

Kirishima sat next to you crisscross applesauce to watch you work.

You picked up the stone and began mashing up the berries, mixing them with dust and water until they became a smooth, crimson paste.

Kirishima leaned over to peer into the bowl. He frowned at the mixture, clearly still confused as to what it was.

"You've never seen paint before?" You asked.

"Is that what that is? I thought you were gonna eat it."

"These berries are poisonous to humans, you dolt." You shoved his face away from the bowl.

"You can't blame me for not knowing," Kirishima replied, shrugging, "I already told you my knowledge of your kind is limited."

"Obviously."

"But that's something we share, isn't it?"

It's true that while you didn't know much about Kirishima's species as a whole, you remembered your mother telling you of the hunts that took place before you were born.

Anyone who managed to slay a dragon would become legendary. Many tried and the constant hunting drove dragons in the area to near extinction and as a result, they fled the region. That's why the townspeople were so shocked to see you being carried off by one; most had never seen or encountered a dragon before.

You waited for him to continue, looking fairly disinterested as you picked gravel pieces out of your mixture. "We don't know much about each other," he said, "species-wise or anything."

You flicked a piece of gravel. "Your point?"

"We should get to know each other."

You snorted. "You think I want to get to know more about my kidnapper?"

"I mean, since you're here to stay you might as well."

"If I say no are you gonna drop me from the sky again?"

Kirishima laughed. "You've been so cooperative lately, would you want to ruin that?"

"It's tempting."

You were expecting a sharp rebuttal of some kind but he just sighed. "Fine. I won't make you."

You turned back to the cave wall and dipped your finger into the paint, raising it to the flat surface. What would you paint? Something pretty, maybe a recreation of the surrounding landscape? Abstract art? The scarlet paint dripped from your finger in your hesitation. Whatever you painted, it would probably be best if it were red.

Next to you, Kirishima batted a wing. Eh.

"Hey... do you uh, think you could pose for me?"

Kirishima nodded compliantly. "No problem." He moved into the area where the sun was shining in via skylight. "Here?"