devour

a twin of beings—two-toned, duo-chromed—devour. one consumes the cherries off your whipped cream vanilla milkshakes and the other ingurgitates the deathless shadows that lurk and croak in your ear.

they are made from leftover pieces, scraps of silk and grime, gold and bronze, twisted and sewn together to a deformity. they are denounced into nothingness, far from the absolution the others craved. locked in something deeper than pandora's box, they crawled in the dark, searching for something that is supposed to stay lost.

colored in light shades of neon and bubblegum pop blush, this one stands at the front of the line of infinity and eats your dreams. her blood is glitter glue and she seals her mouth shut with colored bandages.

with rotting flesh, chipped nails and golden eyes, standing at the end of the line of infinity was the one that ate your nightmares. she bled regretted decisions and withered like a rose. she holds a finger to her lips. shh.

black and white, life and death, love and hate, good and evil, nightmares and dreams – they were all of these. it was impossible to know which one belonged to what.

we are made from scraps of old gods.

a dance for two. a dance for us.