KILL UR DOUBLE

there is one of you and you.

your demon that lives in your mirror. you can hear their endless, screeching pleas of freedom and the yearning to be purified. your mirror shatters from your fist and they are gone.

there is one of you and you.

it lies in the crows that can't make a sound, and the bodies that hang high and dry. the angels that cannot sing and the statues that were not really statues. it lies in the piano, in that forest where that man played a song for the deer and for those lonesome, jaded ghosts. you kill the crows, you burn the bodies, you destroy the statue that looked like you.

there is one of you and you.

found in the bottom of that dirty, bottomless river where countless of you have drowned—you go into that river and you drown the other you that isn't you. found in the piercing red scratches along your spine and in the whiteness of your eyes—you bind your hands together to stop the scratching, you close your eyes. there is something inside there, just waiting to get out at the right time. waiting to get out of the black sea.

there is one of you and you.

kill them before they kill you.

NOTES "kill your double" & "you and you" is said by night vale!!!!!!!! i haven't listened 2 it in a while but i still love it n i hope ur all doing alright.