seven rotten wonders

flashing colors warning

seven rotten wonders

the first rotten wonder is a planet where the trees do not have leaves

the first rotten wonder is a planet where the trees do not have leaves. a king with a crown made of thorns with his withering subjects, at the brink of death, at the edge of paradise. a king surrounded by gray skies and bottomless pits of daggers and dark. the trees occupy his loneliness. the loneliest king in the galaxy.

the second rotten wonder is a woman whose sins had dragged her down far down to the earth. not hell itself, but her own personal one. a hell in which there is nothing but empty space and dark. she is only floating there. she cannot speak, she cannot wonder. and what is possibly worse than nothingness and a mind without wonder?

the third rotten wonder is a man who worshiped god and paradise. he wanted a taste of heaven and the cleanse of his sins. the man says he is watched by angels and that perhaps he is one himself. his halo is barbed wires pushed into his head and his wings are those fake ones at costume stores where you can buy clipped wings and call them your own. but your wings are not your own.

the fourth rotten wonder is a catacomb under a city at the end of the world specifically for broken dreams and bittersweet endings. the catacomb was a home for those of these things. you can find this place under your floorboard or the second before you wake up from a nightmare. you can feel each aching, wrenching feeling of each lost thing. and they say that if you roam long enough, you will become one of them.

the fifth rotten wonder is a person, neither he or she, but just existing. they are the almosts in your life. the close, but yet so far kind of moments. you almost had it, you almost made it, you almost. you cannot look them in the eye. you can almost, but you never can. it is like this because they can play your biggest mistake in the blankness of their eyes. of course, this is not humanly possible, but god, one look at them and your guilt will come flooding back. it floods your home, your reflections and your soul in the pits of ugly guilt and wretched mistakes that cannot be forgiven.

the sixth rotten wonder is a song that is not quite a song. it is a broken tune, a lyric-less hymn, a song that makes the skin melt off your body. its quiet humming in the background, whispers to you things you shouldn't do and conjure images in your head you don't want to see. this song will make you ache and bleed from your eyes and in your heart. it will enter through one hear and never leave the other. it will stay in your head until the end of time and your mind will be lost.

the final wonder, the seventh rotten wonder, is a city where its above is below. its blanketed in shadows of people that didn't make it to heaven nor hell. their bodies remain in purgatory, their souls are soaked in the dirt, but their shadows remain above and they cloak the city in wrinkled silk. here, the clock stops at the eleventh hour and no one really seems to know why. the town line gets farther and farther every month and it only appears that you can never leave this place. there are strange sounds that come from the libraries that are indescribable and bloodcurdling. the people there are eternal. they have been there for eons. perhaps they were gods and goddesses that had lost their kingdom and came here when all was lost. if you reside in here, you reside in a burning garden of eden, darling.

NOTES this was one of my favorite chapters 2 write ^____^ i hope u enjoyed it