|05|

Adam didn't want to waste any time, he was eager to get his mate back to his pack, to celebrate that he had found her. Finally she would be his, and there would be nothing in his way to stop him from claiming her.

He knew the pack would be overwhelmed with joy that their Alpha had finally found his woman, their Luna. Everything would finally be complete. The Pack would be a lot better off with a Luna to balance out their Alpha.

Although he knew there would be controversy once they realised that she was different, he had full confidence in his mate. If the pack went against her he would consider it a threat to his own life, and would be well within his right to remind them why he was Alpha. The Moon Goddess had gifted him with her and he had no intention of going against what the Goddess intended.

Whilst Adam was filled with unadulterated admiration and jubilation, Leora was a lot more concerned. She couldn't deny that a large part of her was terrified to go into his 'pack'. Adam hadn't really told her anything beyond the fact that his community was called a pack so she was utterly clueless; that lack of knowledge about the werewolf world made her even more intimidated.

She would be a human among wolves, quite literally, and the mere thought was terrifying.

On top of all of that she still had a great deal of doubt and insecurity when it came to being Adam's other half. She wasn't special, and had nothing to offer that Adam himself (probably) couldn't already do.

As much as she wanted to ignore or hide these fears they were running rampant in her mind. So far, he had no idea about the hell that threatened to drown her but Leora suspected that it wouldn't be long before he found out.

The two had returned to the woman's home after a heated discussion. Leora had been adamant on returning to get some of her things before they left whilst Adam had argued that he would just buy her new things. Once Leora had resorted to giving the man the silent treatment, his stance on the matter changed rather quickly.

It almost shocked Leora to see how willing he was to do anything she wanted, in order to keep her happy with him. She wasn't sure whether that was Adam, or simply the 'mate bond' nor did she really want to think about it. The truth was she was terrified to find out that everything was out of some twisted sense of love that Adam was obliged to feel for her.

Adam watched her intently as she ran her fingers gingerly over the surfaces of the house. She knew where everything was off by heart, moving though the space without any trouble. He followed her, surprised to find that she had already packed a couple suitcases and with her direction he took them out to the waiting car.

Leora took in the modest space she had called home for the duration of time that she had spent in Willsden Brooke. Her fingers tracing every crack and crevice on the worn plaster, memorising every detail. She had lived there her entire life, even after her parents left to go back to Greece she stayed. It was her home and she would definitely miss it.

She muttered a small goodbye, turning around holding out her hand for Adam to take. The man wasted no time, taking his mate's hand and guiding her out the front door and down to the curb where a car waited for them.

Her hand fit in his perfectly, his warm hand comforting her with the continuous tingles that spread through her.

She felt the soft afternoon breeze pressing against her back, urging her forward as if nature herself was telling the woman to go with Adam.

She listened as he opened the car door for her, and with her hand in his went to step down into the vehicle. However a shout from her left startled her into stopping.

"Lee what are you doing?" It was Freddie.

She hadn't been brave enough to tell him to his face that she was leaving and had hoped to be gone before he came back from his shift at the local supermarket. She had left a letter which she had put through his letter box just before leaving to meet Adam.