|07|

Adam led Leora carefully around the room; she was much relieved to find a sofa a few feet from the bed. Once she was confident to take a turn about the room on her own, they unpacked her things together. It was nice how Adam didn't need to make space for her, it was if he had been waiting for her to fill the spaces that he couldn't.

Once everything was unpacked and Leora was confident enough to find things without Adam's help, they sat together on the plush white sofa in the center of the room. It was still quite early in the afternoon, and Leora was excited to spend more time with Adam, though from his tense muscles beside her, there was something troubling him.

"My pack are all expecting a formal introduction, they're all very intrigued to meet my mate." Adam spoke softly.

He wanted very much to mate her, but he knew that she wasn't ready at all. Besides he needed the pack's approval of her first; whoever took the place by his side would have to be capable of running the pack by his side. The decision he made would affect his entire pack.

"You don't sound too enthusiastic...Already ashamed of me? Don't worry, I can turn a blind eye." Leora nudged his shoulder gently, resting her head against his shoulder as she jested playfully. She laughed a little at her own poor joke, but she couldn't deny that there was a part of her that was afraid he might be ashamed to have someone like her as his mate.

"I could never be ashamed of you, my soul." He caressed the side of her face, his forehead leaning on hers. He knew she was joking, but he felt the need to assure her nonetheless. He didn't want her to have a single doubt in her mind when it came to his affection for her.

A smile tugged at Leoras lips, his reassurance hitting her deeply. "So then, what's wrong?"

"Well... when I introduce you, there is a chance that someone might challenge you for your position." Adam sighed, his hand threading through hers gently.

"My position?" Leora asked confusedly. She didn't recall him ever mentioning anything like that before. Exactly what kind of position is he talking about here? She knew nothing about this world and every moment that she spent without an explanation only made things more confusing.

"You are my Luna. You will help me to look after the pack standing as my equal." Adam told her. A slight pain bloomed at his temples as his Beta tried once more to reach him through their telepathic link. "I wish I could put it off until I explain everything to you fully but my pack is getting more and more antsy. If I don't introduce you soon, I fear it might cause unrest."

"I'm still learning what all of this means, and I won't deny I'm afraid, but if this is something that we have to do, then I'll do what you need me to do." Leora answered with determination.

Adam admired her courage and spirit; no matter what his pack thought he was not going to give up his soulmate, not after he finally found her, consequences be damned.

"If you don't want to do this, I will not force you, My Soul." Adam told her purposefully.

His primary concern was, and always would be, his mate; he wanted her to feel comfortable. If she wasn't ready to meet the pack, then they would just have to suck it up and wait.

"I'll do it." Leora agreed. Though inside nerves were bubbling within her, the realisation of having to stand up in front of his people made her stomach knot uncomfortably. Would they accept her? Or would they only take what they saw on the surface? Would they resent the fact that she was human- that she was a blind human?

She couldn't deny that she desperately wanted them to like her. This was Adam's family, community and she wanted to be a part of it, especially if she was to be Adam's soulmate.