|13|

A week had gone by but Leora still couldn't shake the feeling of having a rain cloud over her head. She hadn't been able to see Adam in her dreams since that night and it was both frustrating and depressing to her.

Adam had tried to cheer her up, keep her busy as much as he could; the attempts were endearing, but futile. Leora felt like a child again- specifically like she had the first week after her entire world had faded away. It was like the wound had been reopened, now that she had a glimpse of the new chapter of her life that she would never be able to see again.

Adam was at a loss. He hated seeing his mate like a zombie; he had made a point to hold her and kiss her often just to remind her that he was always beside her if she needed him, that he was hers, but it seemed that his approach no longer worked.

Leora had been laying in bed for most of the day, even when coaxed by her mate to eat she wouldn't move. She felt blank, as if everything had been stripped away from her all over again- she would recall the dream as much as she could to try and cheer herself up; she found that thinking of Adam usually had that effect. So she sat in silent apathy, ignoring the outside world whilst she continuously replayed the cruel mirage on an endless loop so that she would never forget any of the details that she had learnt about her mate. However, even that would cause her to think back to the fact that she would never be able to catch more than just a glimpse of this new world that she so desperately wanted, and so she would spiral all over again into her negative affect.

By the time another week had rolled around Adam was restless, he was going out of his mind knowing that his mate was suffering. He decided that no matter what, he would put an end to this- at least enough so that she would stop hurting herself.

He woke before Leora, getting up and rushing downstairs to make her a quick breakfast. He settled for some eggs and toast with some fruit and a warm mug of her favourite peppermint tea. She was still asleep when he came back into their room, curled up against the grey comforter, her face completely at peace.

He couldn't help but think how beautiful she looked with her brown mousy curls spilling over her pillow, her pink lips just barely parted, her dark eyelashes resting against a pale cheekbone. She was simply gorgeous and nothing would ever change that. Adam stood for a moment longer, greedily drinking in each and every one of her features, taking his time to feast on her beauty.

He almost felt bad for having to wake her, but realising that she had barely eaten anything for the last week was enough to push any guilt away. He put the tray down on the small chaise at the foot of their bed before going over to his mate and kissing the girls face gently.

"Wake up, my soul." He cajoled her gently, "It's time to wake up."

Leora groaned slightly as she nuzzled into his palm which caused Adam to chuckle gently. He ran his fingers up across her temple and into her hair, combing through the strands lightly before leaning down to whisper against her ear.

"You can't sleep all day, beautiful, not today." He nipped her ear playfully, kissing just below it.

He could tell she was no longer asleep by the way she sucked in a breath; her eyes fluttered open to reveal her cloudy, grey ones. A small smile stretched across her lips as she brought her hand up to caress his face, playing with the prickly stubble that decorated his chin.

"Good morning," She mumbled hoarsely. Waking up to him always made her feel refreshed, in fact it kind of made her feel guilty for her behaviour over the last week or so.

She sat up, letting him tug her out of bed and guide her across the room. He sat on the plush orange chaise, pulling her down into his lap; Leora sucked in a surprised breath at his actions, though she couldn't deny that she liked it.