Chapter 1

He sucks. Easy as that. Cesar Diaz holds no importance to me.

Then stop thinking about him

"Uhhhh" I groaned out loud in the middle of class, being too caught up in thoughts to realize until Jamal elbowed me in my ribs. I looked around to Ms. Pennigton's eyebrows in an arch; a questioning looked plastered on her face, while the rest of my class stared at me.

"I-I was saying uhhhh as in uhhhh algebra is so amazing," I said quickly trying to smooth over my outburst. She shook her head and went back to typing away on her computer, while the rest of the class went back to their worksheet they were completing with their partner.

"Cesar?"

"Who else?"

Jamal sighed while putting his head on my shoulder. "Have you talked to Olivia about it?" he asked. The mention of her name called my eyes to roll in the back of my head. Olivia. "Nope and I haven't talked to that cheating cholo," I said bitterly. "Kayla you can't expect things to get better if you don't confront them." I snickered at his therapist logic. "Things have a very keen way of working out when I do ignore the problem and focus on more important things like what x/3+12-m equals," I said motioning to the piece of paper that contained math problems that neither me or Jamal were doing.

The bell ring signifies the release of the 4th period. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot" me, and Jamal said in unison. "Dammit," he exclaimed when I finessed his scissors with my rock. He slapped the paper off the desk and brought it up to the work bin silently praying Ms.Pennigton won't notice that lack of effort on it. I stuck out my tongue as I left the classroom in n a slightly better mood then I was 20 minutes ago . There's something about that kid that warms my heart.

It all changed when I saw her. Olivia. With her perfect hair, and her thin figure. Sure she was beautiful. So beautiful in fact that my boyfriend had to go and cheat on me. Personally, cheating always confused me. How the hell can you cheat, when you're in a committed relationship with someone. But oh no, the new girl Olivia was everything he wanted. I felt tears line the corner of my eyes. She walked up to me and hugged me. "Hey Kayla," she said as she smiled. Still oblivious to the type of riptide she caused. I tried to hide all the emotion I felt when I  looked at her. "Hey girl," I said. I kicked myself for having such a high squeaky tone, but she didn't seem to notice. Under all the fake smiles there was a layer a pain, jealousy, and anger that she couldn't see. But there were only 4 people could.

I felt a hand lay on my shoulder and I turned around to see Monse. I was beyond grateful. She looked at me sympathetically before turning back around to face Olivia. "Hey Olivia," Monse said as she took my hand in hers. "Hey, I was just talking to Kayla, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go out tonight. We can go get our nails done together". Her white smile made me wanna knock her stupid teeth out. "I'm-" "Totally available" Monse finished, interrupting me. I looked at with wide, confused eyes. Olivia looked at me for a response. "Yeah, of course, I'm free," I said persuasively making sure that she believed me. She nodded her head and smile, putting her hands in the pocket of her jean skirt. "Adios chicas" she called as she walked off.

"Monse? Please explain" I said frantically as we walked to our 5th period. "Look its simple, go out with Olivia. She spills everything about what happened between her and Ceaser. And then boom." she said smugging to herself. I ran it through my head multiple times, but still can't find any common sense from it. "Why would I want to know what happened between them. All I need to know is that he cheated, and he did" I said throwing my hands up to further prove my point. She sighed and pulled me to the side on some lockers. "Look Kayla, I know you. I know that you wont be 100% satisfied until you get the whole story. So going out with Olivia you get that and then bam! you'll get over that gilipolla faster." I sighed because she was right. Why was she always right. I began to say something when a tall shadow cleared his throat. I looked up to see Cesar and look behind me to see his locker. I closed my eyes and thought of any possible situation that wont end up with me crying, laughing, talking or breathing his air, but I had none. I mumbled a quick 'sorry' and proceeded to move out his way when I felt a hand on my wrist.

"Kayla"