Chapter 5

7th period was over and I had met Ruby outside and we started walking together. "You don't want to wait for the others" he asked. "No. I just want to be with you right now". Ruby smirked and gave me a weird ass look. " You know I got that special Ruben special that all the princesas want." "Don't flatter yourself Ruby" I laughed while he nudged me in my shoulder and I nudged him back. Living at Freeridge makes you really appreciate things like this. Of course there are going to be stronger relationships then others in our group but just the fact that we all have each other is the best thing ever.
"Santos" Ruby said shaking me out of my thoughts. He held my hand and walked faster and I followed him.
I wasn't scared of the Santos, but they made me nervous. I always felt like Oscar doesn't like me, or more specifically doesn't like me with Cesar. Me and Ruby managed to go by the house without confrontation other then Oscar staring at me. "Here we are" I said as he walked up his door step. "Do you want me to walk you to your house" Ruby asked. "No it's fine, tell your mom I said hi" "Si, text me tonight" he said before walking into his house, leaving me outside.
I loved that me and Ruby lived close to each other. I always had separation issues growing up so it always helps to know that he's just a few seconds away. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my house key, turning to unlock the door. When I walked in I went straight to my room. I started to change my clothes when I got a call from Olivia. I rolled my eyes and bit on my arm screaming as I did it so I can let out my anger before I picked up.

Olivia: Hey girl
Me: Hey girl what's going on
Olivia: nothing much, I just wanted to talk to you about going out and stuff.
Kayla: Oh yeah, you know something just came up and I can't go tonight
Olivia: Oh okay well I hope everything's okay
Kayla: Yeah me too
Olivia: Well we can resched-
Before she could finish I hung up. I really don't like her. I never did to be honest. She's new and automatically in the fam. I'm all down for making new friends and shit but there had to be a line between friends and fam and she just doesn't know the difference. I know that it isn't her fault, none of this is. She didn't know about me and Cesar. "Uhhhhhh why is life so hard" I said aloud.
When I finished getting dressed into some shorts and a sports bra, I went in the kitchen for something to eat and drink. As I was looking in the fridge I saw a piece of paper with some writing and attached to it was $20.
-Working late tonite won't be home till 5, enough money for pizza. No friends over, I love you-
I didn't like being alone, but I know Nani's doing what's best for me. Sometimes I feel old a burden to her because I'm what's holding her back from being a normal 18 year old. I love my sister to death and she loves me back. I walked in the living and turned on the tv and started watching some Law and Order. It was about 30 minutes in when I started to fall asleep. I woke up to me being carried. I was still half asleep when I looked at the person who was carrying. My eyes widen and my heart started pounding when I saw who it was.

"Latrelle?"