Chapter 8

I woke up to the smell of weed and the sound of music blasting in a room. It wasn't my room though. I yawned and sat up. Everything was fine until I realized that I wasn't in my room. My heart started pounding in chest and I could feel my shortness of breath coming. I looked around the room frantically. There were clothes on the floor, I was too much in a panic to pick something up and look at it. There was a small desk and the bed I was sleeping on also had clothes on it. I walked to the door and opened it with shaking hands all while hyperventilating. My breathing was so loud but everything was so unfamiliar to me I couldn't even tell. I walked out into the hallway to what I could register as a bathroom. I stumbled in and splashed water on my face. I gave my second to control my breathing. "What happened? Am I in hell?" I asked myself. Another wave of fear washed over me as I realized that I was dead. Music still continued to blast through the house and I was finding it harder to concentrate. "I'm dead and I'm in hell. I need to pray". I got on my knees and started chanting anything that popped into my head. Most of the time I was mumbling. It wasn't until Oscar walked into the bathroom did I stopped. I bounced off the floor and went straight to him and hugged him. He was token back and confused. I was raping him and proud of it.  

"Let go of me"

"I can't"

"I'm gonna stab you"

"I'm a woman and besides you love me too much"

Oscar then pried me off him. "I don't do hugs" he said while looking at me. "At least I'm not dead" I said back. He squinted his eyes; "Are you ever not weird" he asked . I thought about that for a moment. "Good talk" I said to him and patted him on his shoulder and walked out the bathroom, leaving him confused. "Ay tell your sister I said hey" he said while smirking. "She doesn't like cholos" I called back. 

My next mission was to find Cesar, more specifically find someone that wasn't Oscar. I walked down the hallway some more until I found myself in the living room. It was hazy and crowded. I walked through it stumbling on people's feet and flicking off the people that did it on purpose until I found my way outside on the front porch. There were more people in the yard but not much so I continued to stumble through till I was caught in a pair of arms. Me and the arms were a tangle of limbs as I tried to escape. 

"Kayla, chill" a voice said

At this point my head was pounding and all I wanted to do was escape wherever I was. I figured it was Cesar talking to me but then again I wasn't sure.

"Cesar?"

"Yeah"

"Take me home Cesar" I said and jumped into his arms, catching him off guard which caused him to drop me on the grass. 

"Oh shit sorry baby" he said and properly picked me up. I was in a absolute daze. My head was hurting and I was hungry but didn't feel like eating. 

"Cesar"

"Kayla"

"Did you shoot latrelle?" I asked 

"No" he said bluntly 

I relaxed in his arms. I felt at peace. Being around Cesar, even if I was high off second hand smoke and dealing with a terrible headache, was amazing. I looked up at the night sky knowing that nobody could ruin this moment. I closed my eyes and sighed in content. Nobody. Nobody. Nobody could ruin this moment.

My eyes went wide as I jumped out of Cesar's arms (more like fell). 

"Hey hey hey! Are you okay" Cesar said, obviously scared of my sudden outburst.

"Nani" I blurted out.

"Nani?" he questioned obviously confused at this point

"Yes Nani!"

"Your sister?" once again he was still confused and I couldn't blame him but right now I made all the sense in the world.

"Yes my sister." 

"I'm not following" 

"She's home and probably blowing up my phone and wondering where I'm at and if she see's me with little Spooky right now, she's gonna kill me. So I love you babe and I'll see you tomorrow" I rambled all at once. 

He laughed and bent down a little bit to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. His hands traveled down my waist. I stopped him before things got escalated. 

"See you tomorrow" I said as I shimmied out of his grasp and starting to jog to my house which was only a few blocks away. 

I finally made it too my house. Opening the front door I called out Nani's name, wanting her so desperately not to respond. And she didn't. I still jogged to my room closing the door behind me, making sure that Latrelle's corpse wasn't on the floor and flopping on my bed while putting my phone on the charge which to my surprise only had 2 missed calls from Nani. I simply texted her that I feel asleep. Clicking off my phone, I turned off my lamp.

"God is good"