Chapter 3- How Dare You

"What was that about?" Cassie whispered as we walked down the alley, leaving the club behind us. "What did he want to talk to you about? You didn't just do it with him did you?"

"How could you even think that?" I shouted at her. 

"Well, most girls don't waste any time if he asks."

"And am I most girls?" I asked her with my hands on my hips. I couldn't beleive my best friend would accuse me of doing the deed with Alarik Trenton. 

If anyone wanted to get in my pants, or under my dress, they needed a lot more than the title of soon to be Alpha. Mate or not. 

"Seriously though, Allison, what the heck happened back there?"

I stopped walking and turned to Cassie, sighing loudly. 

"Alarik's-" I paused.

"Alarik's what?" She proded. 

I didn't want to say it out loud, it made it seem so final. Like if I just kept quiet, there was a chance it would just stop happening. I knew it was absurd to think that way, but I didn't like the alternative. 

"He's my mate," I said quickly. 

Cassie's hands flew to her mouth, her eyes going wide. She was holding back a squeal, I knew she was. For her, this was the best moment ever; for me, it felt like a sentance. 

"And you just left him?"

"Of course I just left! Do you not know who we're talking about?"

Cassie looked slightly ashamed. Alarik Trenton, after all, wasn't exactly the modle mate. I couldn't believe how blind she was to the whole mate thing. I couldn't wait for the day she found her's because I knew it would make her happy. I just hoped she had better luck than me. 

"Well, do you wanna hit Nightcrawler then? We won't be able to drink, but at least we won't have to go back."

I shrugged. I was sure Alarik would stay far away from Nightcrawler, there was more for him to do at The Underground. There really was no point in going home early, we had only been out for a couple hours. 

I could tell my wolf was angry with me. She couldn't believe I would want to walk away from my mate. Why was it that everyone was blinded by this supposed love but me?

Cassie and I passed the bouncer at the door and were hit by a wall of sound. Hundreds of people danced together, the bodies pressed together into one giant mob. I wasn't sure if that was what fun looked like, but at the moment I was ready for anything that would serve as a distraction. 

Cassie pulled me into the middle of the crowd and we started dancing on some guys who were near. My mind had been going in and out of clarity ever since I had seen Alarik. I stumbled slightly as I grinded on them. They draped their arms over me and I turned around, wrapping my arms around the guy's neck. 

I had no idea who the guy was, but at the moment I didn't care, because he wasn't Alarik. He pressed himself against me, his hands traveling all over my body, feeling everything through the dress that fit like a second skin. 

His hands traveled down the the hem of my dress, lifting it ever so slightly as we danced against each other. He reached around, grabbing my ass, pulling me even closer. I tipped my head back and let the music fill me. 

Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but that small voice had been squished long ago. It had been replaced by the bold voice that didn't give a shit anymore. 

The guy slid my dress up further. The music had my hypnotized, the haze around my vision only allowing me to focus on what was in front of me, and at the moment it was a sexy man. 

Until he was no longer there. 

Screams erupted and bodies parted, moving out of the way. I saw the guy I had been dancing with rolling on the ground in pain, his pants undone. I jumped back, nearly falling over, pulling my skirt down so I was fully covered again and a wave of nausea overcame me. 

"How dare you touch her like that!" A furious voice boomed. 

"She wasn't complaining any, man. She was liking it," the guy shouted back, clearly pissed off. 

A boot came down hard, nailing the guy in the gut. He cried out writhing on the ground as another blow struck him. 

I looked up in horror to see Alarik kicking the guy repeatedly. 

"Stop it!" I shrieked.

Alarik's head whipped around, his eyes blazing with hatred, a weight that pressed down on me under the gaze. I cringed and he turned back to the man on the floor. 

"I don't care what you think she wants or what you think she likes. Next time don't do it, or you won't be able to walk away from it."

He laid the boot on him one more time before turning to me. 

"And don't you ever dare do anything like that again."

"Who the hell are you to decide what I do or don't do?"

"You damn well know who I am," he said before stomping off. 

I stood there shaking before bending down to help the guy up. He cringed, pushing me away. 

"No way, don't touch me. I don't who you are, or why he cares, but he made it clear you're off limits. I'm not about to test an Alpha."

"He's not an Alpha," I grumbled, searching for Cassie. 

"What the hell?" she exclaimed when I found her. She had been hiding behind the guy she'd been dancing with. 

"And that's why I can't handle this right now," I said. "Can we just go back?"

Cassie nodded, her eyes frozen wide with shock. She had never seen Alarik's voilent side, I on the other hand had a glimpse of it when we were younger. I knew all about him. I didn't just dislike him out of spite, or because he thought he was better than everyone, or because he would sleep with any girl; though admittedly, those reasons would be enough. But he had a violent streak, even as a kid and I was sure he hadn't been squeaky clean working with his father. 

I had seen him destory toys as a child, because someone did something he didn't like. I had seen him kill animals just because he was bored. It didn't matter what it was, squirrel, rabbit, cat. If he saw it, it was dead. 

It wasn't like I was squeamish about dead things, or killing animals, I was a wolf after all. It was just the way he went about it. Normally it's for a reason, for him, it was out of boredom. 

Cassie and I walked in silence the rest of the way back to my house. By the time we got there, my parents had already gone off to bed. I was both relieved, and slightly disappointed. If there was anyone I wanted to talk to more than my best friend, it was my mother. 

I wanted to know how everything had worked between her and my dad. Did he have a crazy side, a scary side? Or was he just the perfect person? 

Cassie and I went back into my room and we changed into our pajamas. 

"I still can't believe he did that. He just beat someone up for you. Isn't that sort of sweet?" 

I glared at Cassie. Sweet was not on my list of words to describe what he had done. She looked to the ground. 

"I mean sweet in a sadistic way?" 

I shook my head, turned out the lights and crawled under the covers. 

"Are you going to at least give him a chance? He is going to be the Alpha after all, and Alpha's need their mate. You're essentially one of the most important people to this pack."

She was right. In order for an Alpha to run his pack to its full potential, he needed his mate, his Luna; but was it worth it? Could I stay with him for the good of the pack, or would turn I back completely and run?

"I don't know," I whispered. 

 ***************

Edit 2-3-15 Shelley Hennig as Allison Cole