Chapter 34- Most Important

I Regret to inform you that this is indeed the last chapter... Once again, you should let that sink in before you continue on because this chapter will play on many of your emotions. Good luck.

**********************

I'd sent a message to Cassie and was now on my way to her house. I'd told her I had something she would most definitely want to hear. 

I knew she was a fan of any mate pairing that made the step to unite, and I knew this wasn't going to be any different. She would probably squeal when she heard how his father had backed down as well. 

I didn't bother knocking at the front and I just walked straight in. 

"Cas!"

I heard her footsteps above me and in record time she was down the stairs, her eyes aglow like it was Christmas or something. 

"Tell me, tell me, tell me." 

Cassi was jumping up and down like a little girl. I think she knew what I was about to tell her, but she wanted it confirmed. 

"No wait. My room, then tell me." 

She took off running up the stairs like a jet and I followed after her with a roll of my eyes. 

When I got up to her room she turned back toward me. 

"Sit. Tell."

I laughed and sat down getting ready to tell her almost the whole story. 

"Alarik's father changed his mind."

I thought my ears were going to bleed with how loud the squeal was. It was probably the loudest I'd ever heard from my friend. Ever.

"Oh my goodness. You mean he's letting you two be together then? There's no arranged marriage for 'the better of two packs' anymore?"

"Nope. He's not being forced to marry an Alpha's daughter. Instead he has to stuck with little ol' unimportant me forever."

"Oh honey, to him you are not unimportant. You're probably the most important thing."

I felt my cheeks heat up at those words because I couldn't really believe how that was true. I mean how in the world could I be the most important thing to anyone? Especially a person who was destined to be the Alpha of an entire pack. 

"I don't know about that," I mumbled. 

"Oh you most certainly are."

In that moment when I looked at the glint in my best friend's eyes, and I considered her words right now, and compared them to what she'd said last time I was here, I felt my heart swell for her. She'd given up hope on mates. She saw the problems I'd gone through, granted those at the beginning were self inflicted, but she saw all of it, and it had made her lose hope on the magic that she believed mates were. 

She'd tried hard to hold onto that, but when it seemed like there was no light in the dark for Alarik and me, she'd started to wonder if all of it that she'd learned, all that she'd felt about mates was a lie. 

With my revelation now, I saw that hope, that spark in her returning. She was back to the giddy friend I had when I first discovered Alarik was my mate, and for that I couldn't be happier. I couldn't believe that my experience had nearly changed her entire view of what this was. And I was glad that she was back to her old self, because her own birthday was coming up in just two weeks. 

"I do realize, but do you realize who you are to him? You're the woman who showed him what he'd been doing, you're the woman who made him want to become better. If that right there doesn't prove how important you are, then I don't know what does. You very well could have turned him from an Alpha like his father to one that takes the good of everyone else in mind."