Chapter 30- Love, Passion, and Strength

—Alarik—

I heard my mother's shout from down the hall long before she found her way to us, and when I saw her she had fire in her eyes. If looks could kill, we'd all be dead, and if that gaze had been directed at me I probably would have run. 

My mom was pissed. 

"Jeramiah Alarik Trenton, you and I need to have a few words."

She was after my father, and there were few things that I knew of that could make her as upset as she was now. None of which had happened, at least not that I knew of. 

I saw my father go rigid and I knew he heard the tone in her voice. He was in the dog house, no pun intended. 

"Debra dear, what's wrong?" My father asked trying to keep his voice even. He knew she was already about to explode, and it was better to tread the waters carefully than to jump right in head first. 

"You know perfectly well what this is about. You're playing with fire here, you're messing with things you have no right putting yourself in. This is between the goddess and them."

"What are you talking about?"

The goddess and them? I had no idea what she was talking about, what could possibly have her so worked up in this moment. 

"Our son. You're trying to dictate his life all because you want more power. Your family has been after more power for generations. Has it even occurred to you that this merger won't do a single thing for you? You won't gain anything from this, you won't see the benefits in your time and you should know that. You've already been through this before."

The merger. She was upset about the pact to marry Hazel and me. And the goddess-

She knew. 

Some how my mom knew. 

My phone went off as my parents argued and I turned around to look at it. It was a message from Allison. 

I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I had to try something. I think it may have paid off. 

Allison talked to my mom. When I turned back around I saw my mother looking furiously at my father, and it looked like he was actually afraid of what was going on. It was something I'd never seen before. I had to fight to hide the smile that was trying to show. 

"Those children were given an opportunity that neither of us were. You never found your mate, nor did I, but they've found each other and you can not push your title around and threaten that girl just so you can get your way."

"Debra, don't talk about what you don't understand."

"No, you don't talk about what you don't understand. You have no idea what it feels like to find your other half."

"He'll be fine with the O'Brian girl."

"He'll be fine? I don't want our son to be fine, I want him to be happy and if being with Allison makes him happy then he should be with her."

"That's not what's best for him."

"What is best for him is what's best for every Alpha. That girl will give him more than that Alpha's daughter ever can. That Hazel can give him more power and land, but Allison can give him much more."

"What can that girl possibly give him?"

"Love, passion, and strength."

I sat there listening to my mom protesting on the behalf of Allison and myself and I felt a warmth spread within. I'd never thought my mother would be our biggest ally. I can't believe that I never thought of going to her for this. I guess I had just assumed that she would go with whatever my father had in mind, that she would listen to her husband. 

I completely forgot she was an Alpha in her own right. Marrying my father in the same way he was trying to marry me off to Hazel. 

"You should know, just as everyone else, that mates provide you with real strength. Alarik will be far better off with with Allison, with the strength that she can give him than he would be with Hazel. He may gain more land, more power through her, but he can never have the strength that he could have with his mate."

My father was actually starting to look defeated. My mother had made all the same points I'd tried making in my many attempts. The same things Allison and I'd even talked about. We all were on the same page and now my mom was forcing him to catch up to speed. 

"There are other ways to create a merger or alliance with O'Brian's pack."

"But this-"

"No," my mother said firmly. "There are other ways, I know of three off the top of my head. There is no reason for this to go on, and I'm telling you right now that if you do continue it, then I am walking away from this. I do love you Jeramiah, I've seen the better sides of you over the years, but this is unacceptable."

I couldn't believe I'd heard those words. Walking away, what did that mean exactly? That she would leave him? Was it really possible that my mother would take a stand and walk right out of this house and never come back?

"I mean it. I will leave you behind if you do this to our son and to that girl."

I had no idea if her threat would work. They had come together over a contract similar to what he had been working up for me. They weren't mates and they didn't have that same attraction that Allison and I had. Their relationship was based off a piece of paper and emotions that formed later on. Would those feelings that had to grow on their own be strong enough for him to listen, for him to want to keep her? I was worried that the answer might be no. 

But his head snapped straight up, looking straight into her eyes and I saw it there. He did care about her. 

"Debra-"

"No. Don't try to say anything to justify what you're trying to do. I don't want to hear any of that. I meant what I said, and that's what will happen. This is your chance to make this right for them and for you."

My father let out a long sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"Fine, alright."

My father reached out and took my mother's hands, holding them tightly as he looked into her eyes before over to me. 

"We will do this some other way then. Alarik can be with...Alison, and Alpha O'Brian and I will discuss another way to come to an agreement."

My mother smiled slightly and her eyes flickered over to me. 

"Go. Go tell her, go to her."

My heart nearly skipped a beat at that and I didn't hesitate. I was out of the house and on my way in no time. I couldn't believe it, this was actually working. Allison had managed to find a way.

*****************

Boom. Mama laid it down and totally dominated over big bad Alpha Trenton. He finally gave in and allowed the wedding to stop. 

Leave your COMMENTS below to let me know what you thought of the chapter and whatnot. And if you liked the chapter, please drop a VOTE! Thank you all and once again!