matt x reader

*He really is underrated*

     The second I stepped into the house I could already tell that everyone was drunk and or high.
"Hey (name)." Toby said from her place at the kitchen counter.
       I smiled at her before making my way over to her before I could get over there however, someone had grabbed onto my waist.
      I gasped and the person pulled me into their chest.
     I turned around to see Mason standing behind me with a smirk on his face, "Hey (name)." He slurred in a flirty voice.
     I rolled my eyes at the young man before trying to get out of his grasp, "Hey Mason."
      The more I pulled on Mason the tighter his grip got. I looked over at Toby for help but she only shrugged.
      I flipped her off before turning back to Mason, "Can I go Mason? I got stuff to do."
      "Like what? Me." He said before laughing loudly.
        I groaned loudly as Mason laughed behind me before giving me a soft kiss on my neck and finally letting me go.
         I sighed in relief as I hurried away from Mason and over to Toby, "Thanks for helping me."
        "You're welcome." Toby said as she scrolled on her phone.
         "How long have they been like this?" I asked when I got settled into my chair.
          Toby shrugged before replying, "For about three hours. After you left to go shopping with Bordie, Matt decided to drink and then it slowly evolved into all them getting drunk. Oh and Eric may or may not have gotten some weed."
          "Seems about right." I said before glancing around the room.
          Eric sat in the chair that was hanging from the ceiling with his juul in his hand. Fitz and Jay were not far from him with beer bottles in both of their hands. Mason was laid out on the couch laughing at God knows what. The only one who wasn't in the living room was Matt.
        "Where's Matt?" I asked, rising an eyebrow at Toby.
          "I think he went outside. He was mad about something." Toby said before looking up at me, "You do know he likes you right?"
          My eyes widened as I stared at Toby, "Excuse me?"
         "You heard me." Toby said, her eyes gleaming.
         Before she could say anymore, a loud bang rang out through the house.
         Toby and I turned around to see Mason laying on the ground and Eric laughing historically.
       I turned back to Toby before getting out of my seat, "It's all you."
      Toby made a face at me before quickly running over to Mason.
     I shook my head at the pair before walking over to the door.
     I looked out to see Matt sitting at the pool with two beer bottles sitting beside him.
     I quietly opened the door before closing it behind me and tip toeing over to Matt.
     I walked up behind him before wrapping my arms around his shoulder. Matt jumped before turning around to see me, "Hey M"
     "(name) you scared me." He said, his breathing started to slow down.
      I giggled as I sat down beside him, picking up the half empty bottle before taking a swig of it.
     "What are you doing out here anyway?" I asked sitting the now empty bottle down beside me. I looked up at Matt to see him looking back at me.
      "Can I tell you something?" He asked, running a hand through his hair.
        "Yea Matt you know you can tell me anything." I said, placing my hand over his.
       He looked down at our hands as a blush spread across his cheeks, "You can't make fun of me okay?"
       "Matt you know me. I wouldn't make fun of you I promise." I said, placing a finger underneath his chin.
       He looked up at me as my finger fell back into my lap.
        Matt took a shaky breathe before speaking, "I think I love you. No, I don't think. I know I love you. You are perfect in every way (name). Every time you come in the room you light it up. When you came home today and Mason was touching you like I want to touch you, I got so mad. I-" I cut Matt off by placing my hand on his thigh.
      "Touch me like Mason did." Once I said that, Matt's face turned from a confused look to a smirk.
      He placed his hands on my waist before pulling me into his chest.
     My legs were on either sides of his waist and one of my hand were on his chest and the other was around his neck.
     We looked into each other's eyes for a minute before I leaned in and pressed my lips against his.
     Matt's grip on my waist tightened as I slipped my hand into his hair.
      Before either of us could deepen the kiss a bright light flashed over us.
       I quickly jumped apart from Matt and landed in the pool.
      I sprung from the surface and saw Toby standing behind the pool gate, her phone is her hand.
      "What the hell Toby?" I said, taking Matt's outstretched hand as I got out of the pool.
      "You two are too cute!" Toby said as she flashed anther picture.
       "Toby." Matt said, shaking his head before taking his flannel off and handing it to me.
        I thanked Matt before putting the funnel on.
        I grabbed Matt's hand before leading him into the house, slapping Toby on the arm on the way, "You better send me those pictures."
       Toby laughed loudly before following the two of us into the house.
      "You wanna go to my room and cuddle?" I asked Matt once we had gotten inside.
       "I would love that." He said causing me to smile.
         When we got into my room, we laid on the bed and Matt wrapped his arm around me before pulling me into his chest.
       We fell asleep soon after and unbeknownst to either of us Toby came in and took a picture of the two of us cuddling together.

———————————————————————————
This is low key trash but who cares