Chapter 3: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

SMG4 and Tari slept in the same bed and woke up the next morning, both excited to train for the tournament some more.

SMG4: Morning, Tari.

Tari: Good morning, SMG4.

SMG4: It's time for us to train, train, train some more today!

Tari: We sure are, but let's have breakfast first. Can't train for a tournament on an empty stomach.

SMG4: Okay, Tari.

They ate their breakfast, and once they finished eating, they immediately got started on their training.

Tari: Alright, on to the second game. What was the second game that's being played at the tournament?

SMG4: It was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Tari: I think we'll take this game down easy.

SMG4: Let's go online because facing other real people are now our training targets.

They started up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and headed online. SMG4 picked Gold Mario, while Tari picked Yoshi. Teams were set to on and they were both on the same team.

SMG4: So here's the plan, Tari. The first half will be races, and the second half will be Battle Mode just in case they might be pulling that out instead of races.

Tari: Sounds like a plan, SMG4. Besides, we played a ton of this game to know what's up and get good strategies. Now let's win those races!

SMG4: With pleasure, Tari.

They started racing through many different tracks and even though they were training hard, they were having fun. They kept on winning with their excellent gaming skills.

However, very unexpectedly, the next race started with them having kinda bad luck on lap 1. They kept getting Coins, Green Shells, and Banana Peels in item boxes, they keep getting hit and hit with Red Shells, and they actually end up in 12th place.

SMG4: What the hell?! What happened all of a sudden?

Tari: I... don't know, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

SMG4 and Tari held hands as Tari transported them into the race.

Tari: Step on it, SMG4. Make sure to drift well.

SMG4: Let's get back on a roll!

They were driving as fast as they could and getting the right items from the boxes, as they were almost at the lead before lap 3 came around.

SMG4: We're gonna make it, Tari!

Tari: We just have to focus!

They focused hard and made it into first place, but however, a terrible surprise is about to come towards them. Someone from last place threw a Blue Shell, and they saw that on their radar.

SMG4: Oh shit.

Tari: Oh no!

SMG4 had a Mushroom with him, and he thought that now would be a great time to use it to save Tari.

SMG4: I'm coming to save you, Tari!

He sped up with the Mushroom and got ahead of Tari, as he got hit with the Blue Shell, letting Tari get past without a scratch.

Tari: Thank you so much, SMG4!

Tari passed the finish line, signaling a win for the blue team.

SMG4: You go, Tari!

Once they were finished with the race, they got out of the game as Tari immediately started hugging SMG4.

Tari: That was such a heroic thing to do, SMG4. Thank you.

SMG4: I don't want you to be hurt, so I had to step in and save you from danger.

Tari: Let's just hope that there won't be as much of those in the tournament when we play this game. Let's continue.

SMG4: Okay, Tari.

They got halfway done with their training, as they started to go to Battle Mode. They were both on the same team again, and they started battling everyone online.

Balloon Battle, Bob-omb Blast, and Coin Runners were easy for them. Tari always made sure not to get hit, while SMG4 is doing well, but is still getting hit a few times.

Shine Thief was the hardest mode for them because you have to hold a Shine for a long period of time. Tari, however, kept nailing it and getting the Shine and winning every time.

SMG4: Shines... that reminds me of something. Oh right, Shines are essential to... Isle Delfino... man, I'm starting to miss Mario and Meggy so much.

Tari: Yeah, me too. I wonder how they're doing there?

SMG4: I bet they'll be having the time of their lives and not stuck having to clean the entire island while trying to stop two shadow people who look like them and collecting Shine Sprites to brighten the island back up again. That would be ridiculous.

Tari: That's... oddly specific.

SMG4: Just a shot in the dark as to how crazy the events that I think might've happened will be.

Tari: Makes sense. I hope they're having a lot of fun.

And last was Renegade Roundup. When they were the authority, Tari kept focusing on the map to get the rest of the opponents, while SMG4 was doing pretty good. Their first match when they were the renegades wasn't as good, mostly because they kept getting put in jail.

At one point, SMG4 was close to getting caught by the authority, but once they were close to catching him, Tari went in front of the authority and got caught instead, distracting them from SMG4 about to open one of the cages.

SMG4: Thank you very much, Tari. I appreciate how much you care about me. You even sacrifice yourself to save me.

Tari: Well, I wanted to return the favour after you saved me from the Blue Shell earlier.

SMG4: Wow. We really are perfect for each other.

Tari: We sure are, SMG4.

Once they got finished with the game, SMG4 and Tari kissed each other on the lips for a few seconds.

SMG4: I love you, Tari.

Tari: I love you too, SMG4.

SMG4: We continue our training tomorrow?

Tari: Yes we will.

They started taking a break and hanging out together, both thinking of not only hoping to win this contest, but each other as well.

Meanwhile...

Bob and Boopkins were training for Mario Kart all day as well. They would never stop training, and they're both determined to win the prize money.

Bob (thoughts): AlL tHe BiTcHeS aRe GoNnA bE mInE nOw.

The next chapter will be focused on them training for Rocket League. See you later.