Chapter 10: Round 3

SMG4 and Tari have moved on to Round 3, as the host introduced what's going on this round.

Host: We are now at Round 3! The game that the 16 teams left are playing this round is Rocket League! The team to win the most goals moves on to Round 4! Now let's get started with match 1.

SMG4 and Tari got back and started playing at match 4, and the team they're facing is the team of Sans and Papyrus.

SMG4: SANS?!

Sans: Hey. How's it going? We got a BONE to pick with you two!

Papyrus: Goddamnit, Sans!

SMG4: Don't laugh at the puns, Tari. They mean serious business.

Sans: Yeah, my puns always tickle your funny BONES.

Papyrus: Just stop with the puns! We got a game to win!

Sans: Alright, Papyrus. Calm down. Don't be a BONEhead!

SMG4 and Tari began to laugh at Sans' puns and Papyrus started to scream, but Sans stopped him and whispered to him.

Sans (whispers): Quiet, Paps. I got ourselves a strategy here. I'll distract them with my brilliant puns, while you try to keep scoring goals in their net. Okay?

Papyrus (whispers): Gotcha.

Sans kept telling SMG4 and Tari his hilarious puns, while Papyrus sets up the match.

Sans: Sorry about my brother. He's truly a numbSKULL! Man, these puns sure are RIBticklers! Don't worry, people. I got a SKELE-TON more!

Papyrus (thoughts): I hate your puns so much, Sans, but at least they're making us advance farther and farther.

SMG4 and Tari kept laughing at the puns, as Papyrus started the game and hit the ball in their goal twice until they realized what they're doing.

SMG4: Oh shit! Tari, stop laughing! That game has started 30 seconds ago and we were distracted by Sans' puns!

Sans (thoughts): Dang. I still should spew out puns at them so they'll still get easily distracted during the match.

Tari: Oh no! We gotta try to ignore his puns during this match!

SMG4: Yeah. If we get distracted for the whole match, then the $1000 we're gonna win is gone from us, so we gotta stay extremely focused!

When they began playing the match, their team was 0-2 because of what Sans did.

Tari: Looks like we really gotta catch up to them.

SMG4 and Tari were more skilled at Rocket League than Sans and Papyrus, but half the time, just as they were closer to the goal, Sans told them another one of his puns, distracting them sometimes, but they kept playing every other time because of how focused they were.

Sans: I can't believe it. They ignored my puns!

Papyrus: The day has finally come.

Sans: Well... you two are gonna have a bad time.

There was one minute left, and Sans and Papyrus were catching up to SMG4 and Tari, who had more points than them. They scored many points over 50 in-game seconds, as both teams were now tied with only 10 seconds left on the clock.

SMG4: We gotta stop them from taking us out. But how?

Tari: Let's try to make them not beat us by not making them achieve a goal.

They very quickly hit the ball and moved it towards their goal, but Sans and Papyrus started struggling with them, causing the ball to get launched up, as the time runs out, but they're still playing until the ball touches the ground. Tari immediately went for the ball and threw it to the goal.

Sans: Looks like we're BONED!

Papyrus: Don't go out on a pun, Sans!

SMG4 and Tari have achieved one last point at the very last second, and they won Round 3. The host comes back on stage to announce the winners.

Host: Match 4 is now over, and SMG4 and Tari win! Now they are able to advance to Round 4!

SMG4: I can't believe it. I never beat the Sans fight in Undertale, but this is the next big step! I beat Sans! I finally beat Sans!

Sans: Well, I hope you're happy. That fight sure was BONE-chilling!

Papyrus: Oh, will you shut up?! We lost!

Sans: Calm down, Pap...

Papyrus is now pissed and gets out a bat.

Papyrus: If you make a pun again, it's this to your face.

Sans: ...okay.

Sans and Papyrus walk away, and just as they stepped out of the arena, Sans got out a pair of fake eyes.

Sans: You wouldn't hit a skeleton with eyes on, would you?

Papyrus: Oh, for crying out loud!

SMG4 and Tari walked backstage celebrating.

SMG4: Round 4, here we come!

Tari: This tournament just keeps getting more and more exciting!

SMG4: As always, You did a great job, Tari.

Tari: You were too, SMG4.

Bob and Boopkins were ready to compete in match 6, and with their huge skills, they won Round 3 and were moving on to Round 4 along with SMG4 and Tari.

SMG4: Man, they're quite lucky.

Tari: They are good, but I bet they'll be nothing compared to our skills!

SMG4: I hope we face off with them soon. Then we'll show off how amazing our skills are to them.

Tari: We sure are amazing, SMG4. I'm so proud of ourselves.

SMG4 and Tari continued to wait for the rest of Round 3 to be over. Round 4 is just ahead of them. They are now halfway through the tournament, and 3 rounds are left.

The next chapter is gonna be rounds 4 and 5. The story is almost over. Just 2 more chapters are left. See you all later.