Chapter 9: Round 2

SMG4 and Tari have finished Round 1, as Round 2 currently awaits them.

Host: We are now at Round 2, and our now-32 teams will be playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Two teams are gonna have a team race on N64 Rainbow Road without any CPU players around. The first teammate to cross the finish line first gets a win for their team!

The host now started to introduce the two teams to compete in race 1. SMG4 and Tari didn't come on until race 6.

Host: We are now at race 6, and it looks like the celebrity guest has returned. Welcome back SMG4 and Tari!

SMG4 and Tari walked back on stage and waved hello, as the team they're gonna face is introduced, and it was FM and X.

SMG4: Long time no see, guys.

FM: Haven't seen you in a while, but we're gonna beat you both!

Tari: Ha! Sounds like you haven't seen me play this game yet.

FM started to get angry, but X stopped him.

X: Stop, FM. We start competing when we start playing the game. Remember?

FM: Okay, X.

They picked their characters and started the race.

SMG4: And we're off!

SMG4 and Tari kept driving fast, and so did FM and X.

FM: I can go through this easily. I've been playing Mario Kart for years!

SMG4: So have I.

FM: ...Oh.

They all kept going through sharp turns and avoiding the obstacles that get in their way, except for FM being a little clumsy and driving into one obstacle.

X: Stop screwing around, FM. We have a race to win!

FM: I know!

SMG4 and Tari were behind FM and X, as SMG4 threw a Blue Shell which headed towards FM, but he managed to get the Super Horn and destroy it.

SMG4: Aw, son of a bitch!

X: Get f*cked, bitches! Lataaaaaaaa!

Tari: Oh no. Looks like I have to use my cyborg powers.

Tari turned up the power of her cyborg arm and became more focused on the game, especially where her opponents are. Once she grabbed a Double Item Box and got 2 Green Shells, she aimed it straight at the enemies and they didn't miss.

FM: What the?!

X: Damn it.

Tari stuck her tongue out at them, as she and SMG4 continued racing through the track.

SMG4: Great job, Tari!

SMG4: Thank you, SMG4.

Later in the race, FM takes out quite a shocking surprise. (pun absolutely intended)

He got out a Lightning Bolt and shocked SMG4 and Tari in the race, forcing them to stop to a grinding halt and shrink down just before they arrived at lap 3.

SMG4: What the hell?!

FM: Ha ha!

Since SMG4 and Tari were now slower for 10 seconds, FM and X caught up to them and both teams were now neck and neck.

SMG4: Damn.

X: We're gonna win this round, and it'll get us another step closer to us finally being recognized again.