Peter Pan (6)

Stiles, Henry, and the mysterious stranger ran on and on. Leaves rustled behind them, told them they were being followed.

"They're close! I can see them!" Henry yelled. Stiles had to bite his sarcastic tongue from saying anything.

"We're almost to the caves." The boy was running ahead of Henry and Stiles. "Come on, follow me!" An arrow wizzed by Stiles' head, hitting a tree.

"They cut us off!" Henry said, frantically running. "They know about the caves. We have to go this way." They ran the opposite way. They continued to run until they reached a ledge.

"This just keeps getting better and better!" Stiles said, throwing his hands in the air.

"What do we do?" Henry asked the boy. "Is there any other way to the echo caves?"

"No. We're done for." The boy whispered. "I'll give them the pixie dust. Maybe they'll let us live."

"That's hopeful," Stiles grumbled. 

"You wanna give up?" Henry asked, shocked.

"This is the end." The boy said.

"No. It's our way out." Henry said, grabbing the pixie dust.

"What are you doing?" Henry pushed Stiles and the boy back.

"Oh no. Nope. Nuh uh. Not happening!" Stiles shook his head, waving his hands.

"The dust doesn't work!" The boy shook his head.

"That's because you didn't believe," Henry said, uncapping the vile.

"Well, I don't believe now and I'm sure he doesn't either!" Stiles yelled.

"That's okay because I do," Henry said, grabbing both their hands and running. Stiles screamed as they jumped. Stiles' heart went down to his toes as wind whipped past his ears. Squeezing his eyes shut, expecting to hit the sea. The wind quickly changed directions causing Stiles to open his eyes. He gasped. A green aura surrounded the three of them. The wind lifted them higher into the air. They were floating- no flying. They flew for several minutes until the boy pointed to a spot on the ground and they landed.

"Oh! Sweet lovely ground!" Stiles collapsed onto the floor. "Oh, how I've missed you." Henry chuckled as he put his hands on his knees.

"See! If you believe, anything is possible." Henry panted.

"You couldn't be more right, Henry." Stiles eyes shot to the boy who wore an evil smile. Stiles slowly lifted himself off the ground, stepping away from the boy.

"How'd you know my name?" Henry asked, also taking a step away. "I never told you."

"Let's play a game." Stiles whole body froze at those words, memories flooding into his head. "A puzzle to solve."

"You lied to me!" Henry yelled, agitation and anger rippling his face. "You are a lost boy! You work for Pan!" The yelling and anger only panicked Stiles more.

Stiles stumbled back, trying to fight the flood of memories that seemed to swallow his entire being. His hands pressed against his eyes, trying to rub the memories away. This was not the time for a ptsd attack.

"Not exactly." The boy smiled. "I am Peter Pan."  Stiles breathe quickened.

"No. No. No." Stiles muttered himself. "He's not here. He's gone. You're fine." Stiles let his back hit the wall as he slowly slid his down to the floor. He was no longer in the cave with Henry and Pan. No longer aware of the danger he and his friend were in. Memories of a wrapped face and jagged metal teeth littered his mind's eye. Body after body swirled, clouding Stiles brain more.

Stiles was lost.

"But you told Greg and Tamara that magic was bad. That you'd help destroy it. Why?" Henry yelled.

"Because I needed their help. And it's so much easier to get people to hate something than to believe." Pan smiled. Henry looked behind Pan and saw Stiles, finally realizing the older boy's situation.

"Why did you bring us here?" Henry asked, realizing he had to get himself out of this mess. Stiles was in no condition to help him.

"For quite some time, I've sought something extremely important, something more elusive than the greatest of all mysteries," Pan said, circling Henry. A hunter circling its prey.

"What?" Henry asked.

"The heart of the truest believer," Pan announced. "And when you took the pixie dust, Henry, and jumped off that cliff" He knocked on the wall of the cave, too close to Stiles hunched over body for Henry's liking. "You proved yourself. You are the lucky owner of that very special heart. And now, you and it, are mine." Pan crouched down to a terrified Stiles. "And he..." Peter pointed to Stiles "He is definitely mine."

"Stay away from him!" Henry yelled. However, a single look from Pan shut him up.

"Stiles." Stiles held his knees to his chest, eyes looking far away. Tears streamed down his face as he desperately fought the memories away. "Stiles, I need you to look at me." Stiles didn't react so Pan cupped his hands around Stiles' face and forced him to look into his eyes. "Sleep." In a matter of a second, Stiles fell unconscious.

"Come on, boys!" Pan stood, screaming. Several bodies flew from the shadows, circling Henry.

"Let's play a game!"

———————————————————————————————————————

So fun fact about me is....I have no idea what I'm doing!!

Anyways Pan got a little...aggressive.

Thanks for reading, commenting, voting, and following!