Target practice (7)

The groups of fairy tale characters walked through one of Neverland's many forest. A few days ago they had learned of Peter Pan's plan to kidnap Stiles and Henry. Regina later revealed that she had a son in the enchanted forest but sent him to Beacon Hills California, out of fear.

"Emma." Regina called. Emma turned around. "There is a way. Magic."

"Didn't we just go through this?" Emma scoffed.

"I'm not talking about my magic. I'm talking about our magic." Regina motioned between them.

"I am not interested." Emma cut off Regina. "One thing I learned was that magic always comes with a price."

"Well, sometimes not using it, comes with a price too." Regina countered. "I bet you and I combined, are strong enough to overpower Pan."

"What if we're not. I'm not gonna take a chance on that. We are talking about Henry's life." Emma said.

"I'm well aware. We're also talking about Stiles' life." Regina said.

"Look. I know you don't like this plan. Let's at least see it through. Let's see if we can find...tinker bell."

"And you think it's the best plan because your boyfriend came up with it?" Regina asked.

"My boyfriend?" Emma asked. "Hook!? What's your problem?"

"She just lost Neal." Snow said.

"Sorry." Regina apologized. "I'm just worried about Henry and Stiles."

"Cock-a-doodle-do!" Pan yelled, waking Henry and Stiles. "Wake up!" Pan yelled, holding a crossbow at his side. "Catch." Pan threw an apple towards Henry but the boy made no move to catch it.

"I don't like apples." Henry crossed his arms, tutting his chin in the air.

"Who doesn't like apples?" Pan chuckled at Henry's attempt of bravery. Stiles silently raised his hand, not opening his eyes.

"It's a family thing." Henry smiled as his friend moved his hand towards him. They high-fived then simultaneously flipped off Pan. All while Stiles eyes were closed.

"Well don't worry." Pan smiled, crouching down to their height. "They're not for eating. It's for a kind of game." Stiles' eyes shot open, his heart involuntarily beat faster.

It's okay. It's fine. He's gone.

"A really fun game." Pan smiled at Stiles reaction. "I call it target practice."

Pan stood then walked towards one of the lost boys. Stiles regained control over his breathing, tired of how weak he was. A couple of simple words could throw him into a full on ptsd attack. It was easy to say that Stiles was done with it.

Stiles picked the fallen apple off the floor and began to toss it into the air. He continued to throw it into the air and catch it, trying to distract himself.

"Stiles." Henry spoke bringing Stiles out of his daze. "We'll get out of here. I promise." Stiles remained silent, continuing his own game.

"Stiles!" Henry said, Stiles halted his motions, turning his full attention to Henry. "We will."

"Yeah. I'm sure we'll escape from a crazy teenager who hangs out with other crazy teenagers, in the middle of the forest." Stiles said, still throwing the apple. 

"You just need to believe." Henry said.

"Okay, I believe...my life sucks!" Stiles said, in mock happiness. A chuckle was heard. Stiles and Henry looked up to see Pan watching the duo. "Enjoying the show?"

"Very much so. Yes." Pan smirked, eye brow raised.

"Well, I'm glad someone is having fun." Stiles grumbled, going back to catching the apple.

"What's that?" Henry asked. Pan was holding an arrow and putting some sort of powder onto it.

"Dreamshade." Pan chuckled. "It's a nasty poison. Heard a story that a man once shot an apple off his sons head with an arrow. Let's find out if it's possible."

"Let's not." Stiles said, mid air, Pan snatched the apple from the air. Stiles glared at Pan's amused face.

"If you're shooting st an apple, what's the poison for?" Henry asked.

"Motivation not to miss." Pan said.

"Yeah. That's normal." Stiles

"Felix! Get over here!" Pan yelled.

"Is-is Felix good? Is his aim good?" Henry stuttered.

"Doesn't matter." Pan smiled. Felix was the boy who they met when they were first kidnapped. "You're the one doing the shooting." Pan handed Henry the crossbow.

"I don't-I don't wanna shoot." Henry said, backing away from Pan.

"Pan." Stiles stepped next to Henry. Pan's eyebrow quirked upwards, daring Stiles.

"Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot." The lost boys chanted.

"You don't hit him. Trust yourself. Come on! It's exhilarating!" Pan yelled, throwing his hands in the air.

"Henry..." Stiles warned making Henry look at him. Henry looked down at the crossbow in hand, placing his finger on the trigger. Quickly spinning, Henry turned the weapon towards Pan. Pulling the trigger, the arrow flew through the air towards Pan. Inches from his chest, Pan caught it.

"Told you it was exhilarating." Pan smirked. Stiles huffed turning around and stalked into the forest.

———————————————————————————————

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and following.