Apple pie.

Chloe | Nik | Adam

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

I slip on my favourite grey v-neck t-shirt on top of black jeans, just because we have guests over. I hardly wear this t-shirt because I love it so much, I don't feel like wearing it again and again.

I pull my hair into a pony tail when my grandmom calls me, "Chloeeee, for the billionth time, where are you?"

She only called me twice, how in hell does that become a billion?

"Coming" I reply with a sigh.

Having guests over was one of the most stressful situations to exist. I couldn't take the amount of fake, people threw around and the amount of formalities.

I walk down, and see two people sitting on the couch with their backs facing me. I casually walk towards them with my hands in my jeans pocket.

I give them a bright, big smile. One of them looks pretty young considering them being friends with my grandmom. The older lady stands up and offers me her hand, I shake her hand and take my place on a chair across them.

Grandmom makes her way out of the kitchen while wiping her hands on her apron. She looks at me and says, "Oh Chloe is finally here. Chloe this is Mrs. Brown-" she says while pointing at the older lady.

"-And this is her daughter, Carol." She points at the younger one.

I smile at the young lady and her mom. Carol looks pretty decent and also a little bored with the two old ladies, which actually seems fair enough, I would've felt bored too. She smiles back at me, and looks at me with curious gleaming eyes.

I gaze away towards grandma who is now walking back to the kitchen. Once she disappears, the awkwardness in me kicks in. Everyone's silent for a solid 2 minute with weird glances at each other, before Mrs. Brown finally decides to speak.

"So Chloe, tell us a bit about yourself maybe?"

One of the most frustrating thing to ever do was talking about myself. If I were to give a test between calculus and speaking about myself, I'd most probably fail both, since I can't do either.

"Um? I... I think... I..."

Mrs. Brown gives a small and fake laugh and says, "You definitely are how Anne told us you would be"

Oh Grandma talks about me. She continues, "We met your grandmother in Amsterdam after so-"

Carol gives her a look and interrupts her with a laugh, "after we got down from the airplane on the airport, she wanted a lift to the hotel we were going in, since she hadn't booked one for herself or something?" She gives her mom a questioning look about that.

Just then Grandma walks out of the kitchen and says, "No, the bookings for my hotel were cancelled because apparently the cops there found a criminal of some sort, I'm not really aware about the details, so basically the hotel was shut due to investigations and all, and Mrs. Brown was kind enough to offer me a ride." She smiled up at her.

Mrs. Brown laughs and says, "I don't remember offering a ride, I remember an old lady jumping up to us and talking non-stop and just following us around out of nowhere."