Important A/N Before We Start the Story

Another story's beginning, another starting A/N! And this one might be a tad more important than usual!

So Final Days is finally here! You guys have no idea how excited I am to start on this story, as it's probably been one of the most fun ones to write, alongside Exile. And now I can finally share it with you all and watch reactions unfold!

Final Days is heavily inspired by a game called The Long Dark. Don't worry, you don't need to know it to enjoy the book! In fact whether you know the game or not, probably won't affect the way you read the story.

If you are familiar with the Long Dark, I have not seen or played the story mode version of the Long Dark. So if you have, try to refrain from spoiling anything!
I'm planning on playing it, once I actually stop being a wimp and feel comfortable playing the sandbox version on a higher difficulty than pilgrim mode XD

Moving on-

As always, I'll point out that there is no ships in this story. But lets be real, you're all going to be fangirling over 'em anyway!
Go ahead and fangirl, at least I know you're enjoying the story if you do xD

This story, as almost always, uses the second variant of female Jesse. Brown hair, brown eyes, teal t-shirt girl.

And - as usual - we're updating every five days! Except for when I get a brainfart and forget, but then I usually make up for it xD

Now, on to the more important part of this authors note.

First of all, I know I'm always all over the place with what Beacontown is like in winter. In some of my stories it gets snow, in others it doesn't. In Final Days – it doesn't.

Beacontown, in this story, is kind of like the part of South Africa I live in. Temperatures rarely go near freezing point, and most of us has never even seen snow.

Thought I should make that clear, since it'll conflict with a lot of one shots I have written, where the Order has snowy winters xD

Next thing I should talk about, is the chapter headers I did for this book! Every chapter in this book will have an image at the top, with the chapter number as well as the starring characters on it.

So before you start reading a chapter, you'll know whether it will be focused on Jesse or Petra, or Lukas and Olivia, or so on.

The characters on the header will all be in the chapter, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll interact or find each other or so on. It might just mean I ran out of stuff for one of them, and switched over to a different pint of view, lol. 

For example:

Clearly Jesse is the star of show in this chapter

(Also yeah, that's my older art style – I've been working on these for a while. Some of them will be visibly newer than others!)

It probably doesn't make a ton of sense now, but you'll get it as we start the story!

Now lastly, I feel like I should put a bit of a warning.

I have written pretty dark stuff, but I believe Final Days top most of them. This book gets incredibly dark at some points, and touches some pretty dark subjects.
There will be death in this, there will be depression, there will be blood. It's not a fraction as 'happy' as most of my books.

So just take that a friendly warning, and read at your own risk!

So I believe that's everything? Let's jump into it then!