Chapter 12

Amara de Luca

It's been almost a month.

A month since my world went numb. I still haven't got around the fact that my parents are no more.  He has been constantly trying to distract me and try to get me back in school but I don't think I'll be able to go back to my life and pretend it's fine.

Cam and Al have been here I guess he just explained stuff and bought them here to make me feel better. 

It was three in the afternoon and I decided to get out of bed and take a shower. I tried to push my thoughts to the back of my head as the hot water cascaded down my back. I didn't have a place to stay and even if the authorities were to let me stay by myself I don't have the means to pay the bills. My parents lived very simple lives, we weren't poor by any means nor had there been any instance where we had a monetary issue at home. even if there where it hadn't been bought to my notice.

I finally stepped out of the shower after the hot water had run out, I wrapped a towel around myself and stared at the mirror. a few weeks ago the person I saw in there was smiling thinking of how to skip class tomorrow or try and get permission for having a sleepover. Now the person I saw was barely holding herself up. I looked so miserable that I wanted to reach in the mirror and give myself a hug.

After I managed to have a breakdown twice I was ready. I wore a pair of jeans and a white shirt. It was my first time wearing anything other than pajamas. I climbed down the stairs of the mansion as I heard voices from their kitchen. 

I walked in and spotted Cam and Alice trying to cook and we all know they can't cook to save their lives. They stopped as they noticed me.

"Hey" I gave them a half-hearted smile.

They both wrapped me up in their arms and we spent the next hour trying to cook and finally gave up and sat on the couch munching on popcorn and laughing about something Cam said. I guess I must have drifted away to sleep because the next thing I know somebody was whimpering and trying to lick me.

"Get back, you little devil. I swear to god if she wakes up......"

I lifted my hand up to my eye and rubbed the sleep away. I sat up and saw him trying to pull Marshmallow away from me, who on the other hand was very excited and kept licking my face while whimpering.

"Heyyy" I cooed as I picked him up of scratched his head.he yipped and licked my nose. I let out a little chuckle and set him on my lap and ran my hand through his fur.

"So... How are you feeling ?" he asked while scratching the back of his head.

"I'm alright," I said and looked around it was dark.

"Where are cam and Alice?" I asked while looking back up at him.

"They left a while ago and since Cam's mom had to be admitted in the hospital again, " he said.

"Oh okay," my face fell as I learnt that my friends left and I also hoped Cam's mom was alright.

I set down Mel as I grabbed my hair and put it up in a bun. I yawned and slumped .i didn't want to stay here.

I turned to see him observing me silently.

"Take me out, please" I turned to him

He stared at me for a minute " Now? but its.... okay... I mean .... yeah sure. " he stammered as he ran upstairs.

I smiled after him. He has been nothing but sweet to me from when he accidentally announced my parent's death. there we go again, my eyes flooded for the millionth time I was too numb to even lift my hand and wipe my tears. I just stood by the door staring at the night sky letting the tears fall.

I heard footsteps behind me, I swiped my hand across my face. "Here you forgot your jac..." he paused midway. 

"Oh princessa" he engulfed me in a hug I let him.

We stayed like that for a few minutes after which I pulled away ." Thank you" I smiled and took the jacket from him.

"You don't have to thank me for anything " he muttered and lead me to the car.

The car ride was silent. I closed my eyes letting the wind blow on my face and the gentle humming of the car lull me. The engine turned off. I sat straight to see around.

He had brought me to a Grass field. 

"Is this alright fiore? I can take you somewhere else if you want maybe a movie?"

I stepped before him and took his hand as a soothing gesture, 

"This is perfect" I gave him a grateful smile.

I walked a few steps and stared at the night sky. He came to stand behind me

"Come with me," he said as he walked forward.

He had led us to a little pond. The water reflected the full moon in all its beauty. 

"This is so ......."

"serene?" he completed my sentence, he rolled his pants up and dipped his feet into the pond and looked back at me

"come on" he patted his hand near him.

I rolled my jeans and dipped my feet into the water a minute later I squealed and tried to get up. he held me down with a chuckle.

"It's just the fish" 

I turned to face him, the moonlight fell beautifully off him. His eyes bore into mine his jawline cut to perfection so was the stubble that covered it. He had folded his shirt up to his elbows his strong hands holding on to mine. The Greek gods had nothing on him.

"What is your name?"

_______________________________________

Hola cari,

I finally decided to update. Read it and tell me how you like it <3.

Happy reading pumpkins! 

love y"all