Chapter 16

Amara de Luca

I sneaked out of my room and heard footsteps coming towards me, I ran into the room in front of me it looked like it was some sort of office. I dove under the desk as someone entered the room.  I sat under the desk my hand over my mouth as I tried breathing as slowly as possible.

Wait.....Why am I hiding?

I scrambled out of the desk hitting my head in the process.

"Ouch," I winced. 

"Ah... Nuora" 

It was the woman we met last night Aila something, God I suck at remembering names but what was she doing here. She smiled at me knowingly, "You look just like him" she said.

"Like who?" I asked still cautious of her, "How did you get in here?" she opened her mouth to say something but suddenly pushed a paper into my hand, " don't tell anyone about this" I looked at the paper and back at her. "Now go hide", I did as told and went back to my original place.

I strained my ears as to hear the conversation which was very short, I wasn't able to make out much, he had men escort her out.

"If a Klimovich every steps foot on my territory again, blood will be shed"

Dude chill!

What's a Klimovich, what territory, and blood?

I remembered the paper in my hands and opened it up, 

"le Paradis 8"

eh?

Is that like a code for something? 

because if it is, they judged me wrong. I'm not smart enough to crack codes. I put the paper in my phone case.

I was googling le Paradis 8 when someone, very violently might, I add kicked the desk. I yelped in shock,  uh oh. I covered my mouth and hoped he didn't hear me.

"What are you doing here?" he growled.

Say something Amara

"Funny story" I laughed awkwardly.

"Buon Dio" he groaned.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the desk. " How long have you been here?"

I was debating on whether I should tell him about Paradis or Nah?

"Well?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, crossing his arms across his chest. I opened my mouth and closed it again not sure what to tell him.

"Wait did she see you?" 

"NO!" I exclaimed.

He squinted his eyes,  "What are you doing here?" he asked again pinching the bridge of his nose. I tried to silently sneak away while he was tired of dealing with me, and by silently I mean I stumbled on a vase stand nearby and fell down with a crash.

"Oops" I gave him an awkward smile.

"What is wrong with you?" he started walking towards me, I tried walking backward and tripped on the already fallen stand and crashed to the ground, a piece of the broken vase slicing into my palm.

He was by my side in a second helping me up, "I can't take my eyes off you for a second" he grumbled lifting me up and seating me on the couch .

----++++-----

It's a very short chapter and I know it's incomplete but I wanted to post an update today because LMM hit a 100k reads. I know it's not a big deal but this is one of my very first books and I'm so so proud of it.

I thank each one of you who read, voted, and commented. I absolutely love waking up to comments. Thank you so much!