Chapter 8 ~ You're Home?!?

Dani's POV

You could imagine my surprise when I opened the front door and saw Demi standing there. At frist I thought that I was seeing things but when she huggged me, I knew it was real. My twin sister was home!

Demi came into the house, I sharply turned on my heels and sped up to our room, I knew Demi would follow me. When we got to up two our room, I saw Demi look with curiosity over at my bed and how neat it looked. She knew that I was never one to make my bed and I knew she was going to ask the question I was regreating answering. 

"Hey Dani, Have you by any chance been sleeping in my bed?"  Demi asked

There is was, I turned around and let my shoulders drop. I started to cry, I let the silent sobs rack my body. Soon I felt Demi's hand on my shoulders as she turned me around and brought me into her chest. She soon pulled away and wiped away the stray tears I had still falling from my eyes. Afterwards she pulled me into her once more and gave me one of her world famous hugs that always calmed me down. This time I was the one that pulled away from her, I turned around and reached for my white board.

"Yea, I was sleeping in your bed. I was so used to sleeping in my bed with you, I couldnt fall asleep without you laying there. I was missing you and your scent. So i started to sleeping with Dallas or Maddie but soon they both told me that I had to sleep in my own bed again. But instead of doing that I slept in your bed. It had your perfume scent inbedded into it so it felt like you were right there, Sometime I would fall asleep in my own bed with a picture of us and wearing one of your hoodies."  

Was all I wrote. This caused Demi to start crying but then laugh which made me smile. I walked over to my bed but before I was able to sit down on it, I was tackled by Demi, We just laid there...well I just laid there, Demi on the other hand was strattling me. No you sick people, get your minds outta the gutter. She's my sister....gross.  Demi started to tickle me, I laughed my silent laugh that I had grown accoustomed to. I really missed my voice and my laugh. 

Soon we heard the front door open and close. Moms voice carried up the stairs calling me,.I rolled my eyes and made a motion to Demi as if to ask if she was coming down with me to surprise mom. 

"I want to surprise them all when everyone is home..so maybe dinner"  Demi whispered to me

I nodded my head and pushed her off me then grabbed my phone as I walked out of the room and downstairs. 

I typed into my phone and asked my mom "whats up?" then handed her the phone to which she handed it back and promptly asked me: 

"Dani, are your bag packed? Your Dad, Dallas and Maddie will be home soon and we will have a quick dinner before we leave to the airport"  

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. 

"I saw that, don't roll your eyes at me young lady"  my mom said to me with her back facing me

I seriously don't know how she saw that...I mean her back was turned to me at the time. Maybe she grew extra eyes in the back of her head when Dallas was born because she always says that to us.

After that I left the her alone and went back up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed my white board. 

"She thinks your still at TK Dem! When everyone gets home we are eatting a quick dinner and then leave to the airport."  I wrote and showed to Demi

"Calm down Dani, I'll just come down the stairs while you are all eatting and then surprise everyone"  Demi whispered to me

Not long after that we heard the front door open and close once more. Dallas's and Maddie's voice were soon heard as were footsteps on the stairs. 

"Quick get into the closet, they always come in here and check on me"  I hurriedly scribbled out

Demi scrambled into the closet with just enough time for her the close the door and for me to hide Demi's bags under her bed, erase what  I wrote then grab my laptop and try to look natural. Maddie was the first to enter my room, followed closely by Dallas. 

"Hey Dani, you ready to go visit Demi this weekend?"  Maddie asked

I just nodded my head yes without looking up. 

"Dani, you done with your homework? I want to listen to you play the guitar and sing with Maddie for a bit before Dinner and we leave."  Dallas asked

I grabbed my white board and wrote: 

"Yes, I am done with my homework, give me 2 minutes and I will meet you guys in the music room."  

I turned the white board around and showed it to both Dallas and Maddie who both nodded and left the room. I erased what was previously on the white board and then wrote: 

"When the secret is out, you and I really need to teach them to play the guitar"  and walked over to the closet in which Demi was hiding and showed her the note with a smile on my face. Once she read it she smiled at me. 

"At least you're bonding with them. When we were younger you didn't really ever want to be with Dallas and Maddie, you just wanted to be with me."  Demi whispered to me

I erased what I wrote before hand and wrote another note:  "Yes cause you were always my favorite and you still are. Plus Dallas was usually only playing with Maddie."  Demi smiled as she read it. 

"That is so true, but I do recall Maddie followed you around for sometime. Go play with them before they come back in here, just come in here and give me a sign when you guys are going downstairs for dinner"  Demi whispered

I nodded and left our room, making my way down the hall to the music room. Dallas and Maddie sat there giggling arobt something weird until I rapped my hand aganist the door and they quickly quiteed down and I reached for my guitar. I started to strum some random chords until a song popped into my head, I switched over to playing the chords to "Stupid Girls by Pink" .  I got a few funny looks from Dallas and Maddie until they realized the song I was playing and started to sing. 

Thats one thing I enjoyed about being a part of this family, my mom and sisters including myself had beautiful voices. I could not decided who's voice I loved the most, because I had my favorite things about all their voices.

After about 4 songs, our mom called us downstairs for dinner, I guess Eddie was finally home. I was the last person to leave the music room. I quickly stopped into my room to give Demi the signal that we were about to sit down and eat dinner. After that was done I quickly ran down the stairs before anyone came to look for me. 

Demi's POV

I will never understand my relationship with Dani. We are practically the same person, to be honest its kinda scary. Another thing I will never understand is Dallas's relationship with Dani, they love eachother they really do...I can see it in their eyes but for some reason when we were younger they weren't as close as most siblings. I mean age can be a part of it since Dani and I are a year apart and Dallas and Dani are 5 years apart but I doubt it because Dallas would always play with Maddie when she was a baby. But now, to be honest I feel like they have gotten a lot closer since I left.

When I read Dani's note about teaching Maddie and Dallas to play the guitar, I couldn't help but smile, I almost let out my loud laugh but I stopped myself. Dani may have the same laugh as me but since she currently is not talking...it would ruin the surprise. 

Dani just came in and gave me a signal that they were about to sit down for dinner. Catiously I slipped out of the room and waited until I heard them say grace, at the end of their grace I heard my dad Eddie speak up. "God, We continue to ask that you watch over Demi as she goes through her recovery, we also ask that you watch over us tonight as we fly out to visit her" hearing this brought tears to my eyes, they prayed for me and my recovery. 

When I heard them say "Amen" I walked down the stairs slowly. I rounded the corner and before I entered the kitchen dining area I spoke up. 

"I missed you guys so much" 

I then pushed open the door to everyone staring at me.

"Demi? Is that really you?"  my mom asked me
"No, its a ghost verison of me...yes its really me"  I said 
"Don't be a smart ass Demetria"  My mom scolded me
"When did you get home?"  Dallas asked me
"Earlier today..."  I said

Immeditaly all eyes turned to Dani, who was looking down at her lap and playing with her fingers. 

"Guys, don't be mad at Dani..I told her to keep it a secret, I have been hiding in the my closet since Dallas and Maddie got home."   I said 

After I said that Dani looked up and me, she gave me a silent thank you. My mom went into the kitchen and got a plate and set of silverware for me and put it in my usual place right next to Dani. I sat down and ate my food. I will admit it was a little hard but I am unbroken and I will eat this entire meal. Dani must have noticed this because with her free hand, she grabbed my hand and gave me a look of reassurance which made it easier for me. 

When everyone was done eating we went into the family room and just made small talk. After we were done eatting, I dropped the bomb.

"So listen guys, I'm only staying here for a month or so before I spend sometime in the sober living house. You guys can visit me there but this is going to be for my recovery process"  I said

Everyone nodded and all agreed that it was what was best for my health. I could tell Dani wanted to cry a little bit, I would talk to her about it later in private in our room. 

Dani's POV

When Demi told everyone that she was hiding in her closet in our room, everyone just looked at me. I was so greatful when Demi told everyone not to be mad at me because she told me to keep it a secret. 

I noticed that Demi was nervous when mom have her some food, I grabbed her hand with my free hand and I gave her a tight squeeze. When we finished eating, everyone went into the family room and made small talk. I sat beside Demi and leaned my head on her shoulder, and just listened...moments like these made me miss my voice even more then I already did to begin with.

Demi dropped the bomb that she was only staying here for a month or so because she was going to spend some time living in the sober living house. I wanted to cry a little bit because she never told me about that but I agreed with everyone that it was what was best for her health. I would miss her again but at least she was closer to me and I could visit her any day I wanted to without having to fly to Chicago. 

Stupid voice, I hate you for leaving me. Come back to me like now!! 

I heard my mom telling Maddie that she needed to go to bed in five minutes because thats when her and Dad were going up to their own room. Perks of being older! 

Soon those five minutes were up and Maddie did the minimal moaning and groaning about going to bed because Mom gave her the famous Dianna De La Garza glare. She followed our parents out of the room with a cute will pout on her face. 

Dallas put in a DVD it turned out to be Aladdin and Demi squealed with happiness. I sent a smirk her way and sat on her lap cuddling into her chest. Demi laughed and wrapped my arms around my waist, just bring me even closer into her if that was even possible. 

I must have fallen asleep during the movie because suddenly I felt myself being picked up by Dallas, I knew it was her because I smelled her perfume and then given off to someone most likely Demi because she was the only other person there with us. I cuddled closer into Demi and both Demi and Dallas let out "AWH'S" which made me a little happier. Demi carried me into my room and set me on my bed, she was about to take her arms back when I stopped her. I held on to her arms. I wanted to badly to tell her that I need to sleep with her. I think she got the hint because she laid down right next to me and pulled me into her. 

Dianna's POV

My family is back home. My baby Demi is home with us again and the family is whole again. At first I was a little mad that Dani knew but didn't say anything....er well...give me some kind of hint about it, but when Demi said that she was told to keep it a secret, I knew she was just following Demi's wishs. 

I just wish Dani would talk again. I miss my baby girls voice and laughter. Hopefully now that Demi is home something will happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So I finally had the opptunity to write chapter 8! I hope you guys liked it. I will be trying to work on chapter 9 over the weekend with hopes of getting it uploaded by next wednesday or friday at the latest