Chapter 20 - All I Want for Christmas is You

Dani’s POV

A few days ago I finished recording my last song for my debut album My Heart, and it was now in post-production which means that they were going through and making sure it sounded perfect. My first official single was being released tomorrow and that was called 'What You Did to My Heart', the song happened to be in the lead single. Many Jonatics may think I am trying to copy the Jonas Brothers song: 'What Did I Do to Your Heart' but I can personally assure you that I’m not since I wrote the song with Nick and Joe one night while Demi and Selena were out and about for a night out together.

Nick, Joe and I are trying to talk Kevin into coming out of LA one day and us doing a mash up of both songs for the deluxe album. I think he is actually considering it. It would literally be the best song to put on the Deluxe Edition of the album which would also include 'Upside Down, Inside Out Love', '2am Love' and 'Moments of Love'. The album is slated to be released on February 20th, 2015 so I have a small lea way about adding the last song at the last moment. If we don’t record it in time I may just record that for a single leading up to the start of the tour. The standard edition of it had 12 tracks and the deluxe edition would have 16 tracks. We already had the basics of my tour planned including the name of it and my opening acts. The tour was going to be called ‘My Heart, For the First Time’ and it was going to be a North American Tour for the most part but I had a few shows in England and my opening acts consisted of my lovely girlfriend Selena Gomez who willingly put her acting career on the back burner to open for me and my second opening act would be my “little sister” Bea Miller and finally my last opening act would be Sabrina Carpenter. Bea and Sabrina would both be splitting the tour because Bea had her tour coming up later in the year for her upcoming debut album and I didn’t want to burn her out.

As for today, Demi and I just got back from our parents’ house where we had Christmas Eve dinner. Right now we were wrapping the gifts for our family members and you could say that we both went a little crazy buying gifts for everyone. I had my gifts for Amber, Dallas, Demi, Selena and Maddie all in my room and on the top rack of my closet where my snoopy sister could not reach.

Between the both of us and our ninja like wrapping skills we were done in an hour before we went to our own rooms to wrap the gifts we didn’t want the other to see which I was fine about because it was a total surprise what I got them. While wrapping I kept on thinking about what I was about to do tomorrow in front of two families. Tomorrow, on Christmas day, I would be asking Selena to promise herself to me in front of both our families at my parents’ house. Ever since Selena and I started dating both of our families spent so much time with each other, in fact when Selena was busy and her mom and step dad needed a babysitter they often called Maddie to see if she could do it and she did gladly.

I quickly wrapped and labeled all of the gifts before putting them back up in my closet before taking a look at the promise rings that where in a drawer in my night stand. I felt myself become a little anxious but quickly calmed myself down before making my way from my bedroom and back to the family room where Demi and I would be watching ‘Miracle of 34th Street’ and ‘A Christmas Carol’ which are two of our favorite movies. I heard Demi in the kitchen making popcorn so I didn’t even bother going in there.

Demi soon came out of the kitchen with two big bowls of popcorn, Demi handed me a bowl and sat hers on the coffee table before putting one of the movies in the DVD player. Demi then sat next to me and we began watching the movies.

Almost four hours later, both movies were over and it was now almost 2 am. Demi and I both said goodnight to each other and went to our rooms. I fell asleep as soon as my head touched my pillow.