10-House Visits and It

Kaito's POV

The club choose to visit Haruhi today. I sat at the table eating breakfast with dad and my brothers. The boys were glaring at each other. I wanted to pipe in, yet I wouldn't with father around.

Dad asked, "So what is everyone doing today?" Mitsukuni said, "Kaito and I are going to a friends house." He nodded, "Yasuchika?" He said, "I'll read and do some sparring."

-----

We got out of the limo and I was the last after all the boys. I got out and dusted myself off. I had on my pink tank top, black leggings and black tennis shoes. I noticed people starting to crowd the limo. Then I saw Haruhi in a pink dress with a white t shirt in under it. We're causing a big commotion in front of her apartment...

As soon as Haruhi had got close to us, I heard Tamaki say, "We can not call her place cramped or shabby." Then the twins in unison said, "Yes boss." I stood watching Haruhi slowly lose her temper until eventually she ended up yelling at Tamaki.

-----

Soon enough the guys had huddled into Haruhi's living/dinning room. All of them had their knees up to their chest. I hope they know they look kind of ridiculous. Yet I know it was hard for me to adjust in America.

I simply stared at them. I noticed the twins giving Haruhi a bag of tea, "It's best served as milk tea." Haruhi said, "When was the last time I bought milk?" Tamaki and the twins began huddling together. What's wrong now?

I sighed and waited for the tea. Which eventually got brought out in cups that were different sizes and colors. Aw that's kind of unique.

-----

Haruhi and me walked into the supermarket. Haruhi sighed, "Can you believe them?" I smiled, "They're crazy." I knew Mitsukuni had been closely following the whole time. The rest weren't stealthy and he wasn't acting it either. I wish I could've been alone for a while.

She smiled, "Yeah. But I like being around them, it's enjoyable." I smiled, "Your dad and the guys really wanted to come with us." Isn't like they're here... Haruhi giggled, "Yeah. I know." I patted her shoulder, "It's just means they care." I'm pretty sure.

-----

I walked out of Haruhi's house with Mitsukuni beside me. I said, "Well it was fun." He grabbed my wrist which I let dangle in his grasp. I giggled, "Forget to call the limo?" He said, "We can walk home. We'll be okay."

--memory--

"We can walk home. We'll be okay. Trust me."

--end memory--

I shrugged, "Alright Mitsukuni." We walked and it seemed the street lights were pretty dim.

--memory--

"It's dark," I mumbled. I heard, "It's ok, I'll hold your hand." I intertwined my fingers and squeezed tightly, "Okay."

--end memory--

I nervously laughed, "It's-It's a... kinda.. kinda dim." He said, "Yeah, a little bit." I said, "Should we call the limo?" He said, "If you want." I said, "A little bit." He said, "Alright, I'll tell them the mall two blocks away." I stammered, "Al-Alright."

--memory--

I heard, "Come on, let's go." I said, "I don't think we should." She responded, "It'll be okay." I shrugged and held her hand tighter, "Okay."

--end memory--

I moved to where me and Mitsukuni's fingers were intertwined. He kept walking holding a cautionary eye on me. I said, "M-Mitsukuni..." He responded, "Hmm?"

I said, "I'm scared." He asked, "Why?" I said, "W-well... I'm reminded of..." I trailed of letting him solve the silence. He said, "Alright, well let's get there quickly then." I said, "O-okay."

-----

I laid in bed for about 3 hours. I had been tossing and turning. I finally let sleep over take me.

--memory--

I stared at mom as we left the cafe. I was 14 at the time. She said, "We can walk home.We'll be okay. Trust me." I smiled, "Okay Mama. Which way?" She said, "Just follow me sweetie." I said, "Alright."

We went down a few streets and they ended up having less street lights. "It's dark," I mumbled. I heard, "It's ok, I'll hold your hand." She offered me her hand with a smile on her face. I intertwined my fingers and squeezed tightly, "Okay."

Mom pointed at an alley. I heard, Come on, let's go." I said, "I don't think we should."  She responded, "It'll be okay." I shrugged and held her hand tighter, "Okay." No it's not. Don't! Don't I'm telling you.

We stepped into the alley that had no lights. I huddled up right beside mom. Soon enough I heard it, a gunshot. I looked and saw them. Then mom fell backwards. I knew what had happened. No don't! I turned and saw the bullet hole in the middle of her forehead with blood spilling from it.

I turned to the person. They noticed me and ran. I chased after them. While beating up the person I got shot. I was shot to my left shoulder. I took the gun turning it around. I stood up tired of tussling and stared at the person.

I felt the tears running down my face and adrenaline in my veins. He said, "You'll be okay, Kaito." The tone of his voice made my anger spike. No, think about it! I held the gun staring at him. I said, "Well you won't be."

I pulled the trigger and heard the boom. I stared at the now dead guy. Then I got a bullet in my right side. I heard, "Not cool.... poor baby Haninozuka. Go cry to your mommy, wait she's dead." I turned with the gun, "Shut up!"

I felt the waterworks hitting my cheeks. He said, "Scared?" I pulled the trigger for nothing. No bullet came out, it was empty. He said, "You're pretty pathetic." I stared at him. He shot me in my right foot, "Have fun." I had went to the ground. Not again!

--end memory--

I woke up sweating. My left shoulder, right side and right foot ached terribly. I felt my face to realize the tears. I noticed Mitsukuni staring at me, "Kaito, you screamed." I stammered, "O-oh..."

He asked, "Was it that?" I said, "Y-yeah. It was my memory of the night momma died." He crawled into my bed hugging me, "It's okay. That incident is in the past now." I stated, "It's not just an incident, it's a terror." Why haven't they caught the second guy yet?!

A/n: As promised here's your Thursday chapter on this story.