16-Our Fair

Kaito's POV

I got out of the limo with my blonde hair swaying. I walked down the halls. I started to hear whispers... I'm not to surprised. "Why does she cling to the hosts?" "She always stutters."

The people of course wouldn't come up to my face and say it. I guess they're typical spoiled rich kids. Oh well not everyone is going to like me, I know that. I soon noticed Kasanoda. Girls were still around him gently talking to him and smiling. I guess it all stuck. I'm glad cause that will help him make more friends.

He noticed me and waved leaving the girls and coming over. The girls he was talking to stared intently at me, some of them glared. I guess some of them have a crush on him. He said, "Kaito senpai?" I softly said, "Y-Yes?" He said, "Thanks." Then he nodded his head and walked off.

Kasanoda's POV

I walked back over to the group of girls as Kaito senpai walked away. She was pretty and kind as usual. It's hard to believe that she's the girl of the host club. Hana said, "Who was that?" I said, "Oh that's Kaito senpai."

Hana said, "Ah she's that girl that's always off by herself." The other girls nodded in agreement. Jomi softly asked, "Kasanoda-kun do you know why she does that?" I said, "She's Haninozuka senpai's little sister." Jomi said, "Ahh..."

---a week later---
Kaito's POV

I stood at the bottom of a staircase staring at Tamaki. The host club being disbanded? What? My stomach felt like I dropped from my body all the way to the floor. But this is my family. I can't let this happen.

All the hosts stood around me in white tuxedos with red ties. I stood in a white dress that went to my feet with a red belt and red flats. I stared at the doors as Tamaki closed them. What made him want it to end?

Kyoya said, "This is the Ouran Fair remember. We still need to host everyone to our fullest abilities." I stood there feeling frozen still. I turned to Mitsukuni, it felt like tears were pricking my eyes. I said, "W-why would the happen, Mitsukuni? Why?"

-----

I walked around in the red ball gown like dress. It's gold sash matching my gold flats. I sighed staring at the sweets on the tray I was carrying. It'll never be the same.

I felt uneasy when I heard a slap. Then I heard clinks of something small hitting the floor. I turned to see Kyoya with his head tilted to the side and his glasses on the ground. His dad was by him, anger obvious on his face. I almost dropped the tray of cakes I was holding.

Then I noticed Haruhi approaching him. Haruhi said something. It lead to his dad leaving. Kyoya dejectedly had his hand on his cheek. I stared at it and felt like crying. I sat down the tray at the twins table and rushed off to the changing room.

I sat inside it crying. I used my hands to cover my eyes. I said, "Has my knight forsaken me? Wait..." I raised my head up and looked around. My knight? Could it be?

I left the club room going to the carriage. I saw Tamaki leaving the school in a white limo alone. I went to the horse. I patted its head, "Please help me. If you do I will do my best to thank you." The horse had a calm look in its eye as it stared into mine.

I smiled, "Alright, let's go." I got into the carriage and gently grabbed the reins. After cracking them once the horse and carriage took off. I chased after the limo. I kept going and so did the horse.

Eventually we ended up on a bridge. The horse kept the carriage side by side with his limo. I reached out my hand leaving one on the reins. I shouted, "Don't abandon what you started? What happened to your family? Didn't we become family?! How could you abandon us?!"

He stared and mumbled, "Kaito..." I said, "Come on, let's head back." I let go of the reins trying to offer him my hand more. He started to reach for my hand. Yet it backfired and a gust of wind sent me off the bridge.

I braced for impact yet the I saw him. He had jumped too. I still held up my hand. He ended up grabbing it and pulling me into a hug. Then we hit the water.

When we got out we were both giggling. We got in the carriage. I stated, "I have to thank this horse a ton." He said, "It belongs to my family." I said, "Then give it lots of sugar cubes." He giggled, "Alright, Kaito."

-----

At the ball all the guys were in older styled outfits. Each corresponding with their rose color. Except Tamaki in his white tuxedo. Haruhi in red outfit. I stood against the wall in a light green dress. It went to my knees flowing loosely out at the bottom. My blue eyes stared at the scene unfolding.

Then I remembered my words from earlier. Has my knight forsaken me? I readjusted my weight to my other leg. Does that mean Tamaki is my knight? I stared at him with a smile gracing my face. Maybe he is...

I smiled and started walking towards my club, my family. Tamaki bowed to his former dance partner then turned to me. He smiled, "Kaito." Then fireworks went off as everyone stared at them.

A lighter smile formed on my face, "They're pretty..." Tamaki said, "You are too." I blushed and looked away from the others. The sparkles erupted in the sky. It was so mesmerizing yet after a while they all stopped.

Tamaki went up to the top of a stage with the rest of the hosts. He motioned for me to join them so I cautiously did. I stood halfway behind Takashi trying to avoid the glares I was getting from some girls. Honey whispered, "It's okay Ki." Then I let out a soft sigh.

Tamaki said, "All your beauty is dazzling. We're here to talk to you. We're here to make you smile. We are here as the host club. So we hope you have fun tonight, dance until your heart is content."

Then everyone left the stage and started dancing again.

-----

I sat on a couch in the club room. I let out a gentle sigh, "This is my home too." Haruhi came out of the changing room in jeans and a grey t shirt. She said, "I understand that too. You know, Tamaki treats us very differently from other girls. Also very differently from each other."

I replied, "Yeah. He does..." Haruhi said, "Well besides he is the 'idiot' king." I said, "True." I got up and we both left the club room. When we exited the school I saw Tamaki and Kyoya. Tamaki was still in his white tux with a hand extended out for me. While Kyoya stood beside him in a white button up and black slacks.

Kyoya said, "Come on Haruhi I promised Ranka I'd get you home safely." She said, "Coming senpai." They both rushed off to Kyoya's limo as I gently grabbed Tamaki's hand.

-----

At his house we went to his room. I said, "Umm what can I wear tonight?" He gestured to his closet, "Whatever you want, Kaito." I went into the closet and changed into black basketball shorts and a light grey tank top. I tied the shorts with a rubber band so they wouldn't fall off. My bare feet gently tapped while I exited.

His eyes landed on me. He quickly turned away blushing. I said, "Tamaki?" He said, "Y-yes." I smiled. I'm pretty sure he likes me too. I questioned, "Tamaki... do you like me?" He said, "W-why do you ask?" I said, "Tamaki... answer me."

He said, "U-umm y-yes..." I said, "That's great." He turned to me, "B-b-b-buh..." I said, "You know what, you're my knight in shining armor." His face was bright red. He looked at his lap, "Y-you're the princess. The best princess..."