Chapter 3

Angie pov...

I get up early and cook pancakes for breakfast for the five of us. I have a half day at work of filming and it's this afternoon so I don't have to go to work until after lunch. The girls don't have school today so we will spend the morning at home and if they want to they can come to work on the afternoon.

The girls all come out at the same time, Gracie has Avery's clothes on that almost fit her. We eat and talk. Avery, Emery and Finley are including Gracie and making her feel welcome. Once they finish and help clean up Avery and Gracie go back to finishing the game of monopoly from last night while we watch. It takes half an hour before Gracie runs out of money and Avery wins.
They ask if we can play again, I let just the girls play while I do something else. I make a phone call to social services to see about how to start adopting someone, they send all the information in an email for me to read. I have to talk to Gracie before I say I will try to adopt her as I want her to feel comfortable and want to be here. I start to read through all the information while watching the game of monopoly going on. The game takes two hours and Emery wins this game.

We make wraps for lunch with different meat, salad and sauce in. We eat, talk and laugh before tidying up. Avery, Emery and Finley go to their rooms to get something to do while at work.
I turn to Gracie and ask "are you alright with coming with us?"
She nods and I ask "would you be open to the idea of me adopting or fostering you"
She asks "would you really want me?"
I nod and say "of course, you get along well already in this house and I don't want to see anything happen to you"
She smiles and says "thank you, I would love to stay here"