.。*゚+.*.。 o5 ゚+..。*゚+

Y/n stared at her phone screen blankly as she ate some cherry-flavored candies.

It was currently ten in the morning. Specifically, a Saturday morning. Which meant no classes. And as of the moment, Y/n was currently waiting for her best friend, Karma, to give her a reply to a message she sent earlier.

It's been ten minutes, no reply was ever received. At this point, Y/n gave up in waiting and proceeded to lie down on her bed. She had nothing to do at all.

A few moments later, a knock was heard on Y/n's window. Her brows furrowed as she immediately stood up and opened it. She grinned when seeing Gakushuu with the blank look on his face as usual.

He wore a white button up, tucked into his black pants. Simple, but it did look good on him.

"Hi! I didn't expect you to be the one knocking today." She sat on her window sill. "What do you need?"

Gakushuu rolled his eyes before pointing the pen he held at her. "I've been studying for an hour and I swear, I've seen you staring at you're phone for at least thirty minutes."

"You're exaggerating, Shuu." Y/n snickered. "I only took ten minutes looking at my phone. Well... At least I think so."

Gakushuu face palmed. "I bet you're waiting for Akabane to message you. I do hope you remember about his suspension."

Y/n's smile faded as soon as Gakushuu reminded her of what happened to her sadistic friend. Just like Gakushuu, she face palmed.

"I forgot..."

"Why am I getting second-hand embarrassment.."

"We were supposed to hang out on Saturdays," Y/n explained. "But since he's suspended, I guess I have to stay here like a damsel in distress or something. And not to mention, it's boring as heck."

Gakushuu sighed. "Why don't you study? You have tons of books there, what about take one and study it?"

"Those are romance novels.."

"What about you're phone? Does it have notes?"

"I only have fanfictions of the celebrities I like?"

"Call your friends or something then. Ask them for notes."

"Bold of you to assume I have other friends."

"What about we go somewhere—"

"Wait, are you really asking me out?!" Y/n squealed as she fanned away the fake tears in the corner of her eyes. "Is this the day where the cold-hearted Gakushuu finally asks out a girl?! Not to mention, me?!"

"—and study..."

The joyful look on Y/n's face quickly disappeared in a matter of seconds.

"Wow, Shuu.. is studying everything to you?"

"Of course," Gakushuu replied nonchalantly. "When you live in a house where all you do is study, then as you grow older, you start to realize that studying is everything to you. The reason you do this and that. Everything."

Y/n frowned. She knew that. Of course she did. They both grew up together, but in different worlds.

Asano Gakuho had his mind plastered on knowledge. Y/n doesn't think he cares about things such as money and riches. A polar opposite to Y/n's parents.

Well.. they do care about her studies.. but if it damages their reputation then they will surely take her out from the world of knowledge.

Her parents only care about money, status, power.. no interest in studies at all. That's how she ended up being inside a room which literally looked like a dollhouse.

Gakushuu, on the other hand, ended up with a plain, black and white, bedroom. His life was probably just like the room he always stays in. Monotone.

"Well. Then let's change that realization you made up." Y/n stood up from the window sill and placed her bowl of candies on top of her study table. She looked at the window and pointed at Gakushuu. "Go change. Wear something decent looking and not something as if you came from a high-class party or something."

Gakushuu rolled his eyes before glaring at her. "Why am I going to change? Are we gonna go somewhere?"

"That's right." Y/n picked an outfit out of her closet and showed it to Gakushuu. It consisted of a white sweater and some denim skirt. "What do you think of this one?"

"Honestly." Gakushuu sighed. "Too plain."

Y/n picked another outfit. "This?"

"Too baggy."

"This?"

"Looks like you're gonna suffocate in it."

"This?"

"Too short."

"This?"

"Too colorful."

"How about this?" She took out a red, oversized shirt and some shorts. Gakushuu squinted his eyes as he analyzed the shirt.

"Wait? Isn't that shirt for males?"

"Glad you know!" Y/n grinned. "Stole it from Karma, ended up having it instead!"

"No," Gakushuu deadpanned. A dark expression plastered on his face as he looked at the shirt as if he were cursing it. "Another outfit."

Y/n sighed before looking back at her closet.

"Let's see..."

"If you wanted an oversized shirt, you could always ask me for some." Y/n froze. A few moments later, she looked at Gakushuu with her eyes wide open. Did he.. really just say that...?

"It's not like I don't have those kinds of shirts. I have plenty. I just don't wear them often," Gakushuu explained as he leaned on his window. "So instead of taking Akabane's. Take mine. After all," he paused, "my windows always unlocked when it comes to you."

. . .

Y/n ended up wearing pink off-shoulders inserted into some white jeans. Beside her was Gakushuu, who didn't even bother changing.