.。*゚+.*.。 o8 ゚+..。*゚+

"Ah.." Y/n frowned as she looked at the boy's cheek in worry. Her fingers touched it softly, as if trying to see whether he was really in pain or not. And, well.. he definitely was in pain.

It was nearly four in the morning. Neither of the two got any sleep after the events that had went down earlier. Y/n was surprised to hear Gakushuu knocking on her window a few minutes ago.

"Well, I've gotten used to this, but..." Y/n sighed as she took out her medicine kit. Her parents had always kept one in her room. She then looked at Gakushuu. "... Still, isn't this like.. low-key abuse?"

"You're misunderstanding the situation." Gakushuu gave Y/n a sharp look. "It's just that he was trying to teach me a lesson which I had a hard time understanding. In the end, I deserved this injury."

"Say whatever you want, Shuu." Y/n rolled her eyes before taking out the cotton balls and ailments. After a few minutes, she then started placing it on Gakushuu's injured cheek carefully.

"And what about you?"

"Hm?"

"Didn't your parents teach you a lesson too?" Gakushuu furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her from the corner of his eyes, trying not to move his head and disturb her. "Did they hurt you?"

Y/n blinked. She paused and raised a brow at Gakushuu.

"Are you worried?"

The boy frowned. "What do you mean by that? Of course I'm worried." Gakushuu looked away from the girl. "I don't think you know this, Y/n. But to be honest, you literally make me worry everyday."

"I—" Y/n blinked, looking at Gakushuu as if he were some sort of alien. The fact that he managed to say something like that so bluntly made Y/n even more surprised. "... Don't say stuff like that so easily..."

"Why—?"

"There we go!" Y/n grinned as she plastered the bandage on his face quickly, making Gakushuu hiss in pain.

"Would you carefully place it next time? I swear, you're gonna make it bleed even more."

"It's like you're hoping that there's a next time."

"I'm definitely not."

"Sure."

"Hm." Gakushuu frowned. "You're parents really did nothing? Not even talk about anything? What in the world happened in your house anyway?"

Y/n looked up as she fiddled with her fingers. "They said something about going to have some sort of break from school. It's to train me into a proper lady and keep me away from Karma." She sighed. "So I'll come back to school by the next week."

"I see." Gakushuu nodded. "And.. how did they even know about your relations with Akabane?"

"You're father exposed me," Y/n deadpanned, causing Gakushuu to flinch. "What?"

"Yeah. I went down to get some snacks and guess what, your father was roaming around our house like he owns it."

"What in the world?"

Gakushuu's brows furrowed. "Why was my father even there?"

"That's also what I want to ask." Y/n bit her lower lip as she leaned on her window sill. "I can never tell if whatever they were talking about down there would be good news or bad news.."

"They're unpredictable."

"Wait." Y/n's eyes widened as she realized something. "Didn't you and your father also have a talk like, a few minutes ago?"

"Yeah." Gakushuu rolled his eyes. "About me making sure that you and Akabane never interact ever again."

"And how did you get that." Y/n pointed at the wound on his cheek. If that was the talk they were talking about, the girl is sure that Gakushuu would no doubt agree.

"Yeah, I disagreed." Nevermind.

"What do you mean?" Y/n's brows furrowed as she looked at Gakushuu in confusion. "You could have just told him a yes, and then you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"And if I did." He gave her a sharp look. "Would you be happy? You and Akabane will never be able to hang out again."

Dang, he knows me too well.

"W-Well, no.. but—"

"Then there's your answer." Gakushuu sighed. "It's getting late. I still have classes tomorrow, and you need to prepare for whatever your parents is preparing."

"Shuu.."

"Goodnight, Y/n."

And with that, the boy closed his windows, leaving the girl staring at it with worry and confusion.

---

Finally updated omg 🤧
— chyuu.