Mmmmmm cooookies

Steve's PoV

Steve felt terrible. No other way to describe it

After they had fallen, the team had spent 4 hours checking the river for any signs of life.

Nothing.

So here he was, sitting on the couch, questioning his life decisions. He heard footsteps and heard the familiar voice of Clint.

"Hey, cap. Are you okay?"
"Yeah yeah......fine" Clint raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth to say something undoubtedly sarcastic, when Tony's voice rang out through the tower.

"Hey guys. I found some stuff on the kid"

The team made their way to the living room and took their seats in their various places.

Tony cleared his throat.

"i say we figure out the first kid and then we'll talk about the other one. So His name is Percy Jackson. 18 years old. Studying marine biology at a New Rome college. He interns at sea world and has been accused of many crimes that have actually turned out to be the worst case of "wrong place wrong time". His mother is Sally Jackson and his father is unknown."

Peter raised his hand.

Tony sighed.

"Yes?"

"Isn't he that guy that was kidnapped and taken across the country before having a gun fight with his kidnapper?"

"Yes Peter"

"And didn't he go missing for 9 months before being found in various places around the world?"

"Yes Peter"

"And didn't he-"

"Yes. Whatever you're going to say. Yes. But apart from being kidnapped several times and generally disappearing a lot, his record is pretty clean."

(A/n I bet you guys thought it was gonna turn into a one of those cliche fanfics THINK AGAIN)

"So, What now." Thor said, voicing everyone's thoughts.

Steve stood up.

"I think we should talk to his mother, we might find some information about his abilities, and more importantly, we have to tell her that.......that her son is dead."

****time skip*****

After driving in silence to Mrs Jackson's house, the team filed out. Well, minus Peter. He had to go back home as it was getting late. And he was too young to see how a mother reacts to losing a child. They also decided against telling her about her sons powers. It would probably be too much for one day.

When they arrived, Steve knocked on the door. They had all silently agreed that he should be the one who did it, considering he was the most sensitive to things like this.

He knocked three times and heard the patter of footsteps coming towards the door. When the door opened, they were greeted with a warm, comforting smell of fresh cookies baking and wood fires burning. In short the whole apartment seemed inviting. Steve felt a little guilty for being the bearer of bad news. But it had to be done.

Mrs Jackson herself seemed just as warm and inviting as her apartment. She was wearing an apron and had a large splodge of blue flour in the shape of a hand on her cheek. No doubt from the cookies they could smell.

Why are they blue?

"Umm Mrs Jackson we have something very important to tell you" Steve said nervously.

"Ohh dear. Do come in and you can tell me all about it. And please, call me Sally"

She swept the team into the house and practically started force feeding them blue cookies.

As Steve was looking around he noticed a boy sitting at the table. When the boy looked over at the team he choked on his cookie and banged his knee loudly against the table before dashing out the room.

Probably a fan.

"Um Mrs Ja-Sally we regret to inform you that your son is .......dead"

He scanned her face for the usual signs of grief, but only found confusion.

"I'm sorry....you must be mistaken, he's right over" her face suddenly gained a look of realisation "oh...ooohhhhhhhhh that boy is in so much trouble"

They left pretty quickly after that. Mostly because the look on her face was downright murderous. It was also a bit sad when someone refused to accept the death of a loved one.

But one thing still nagged the back of Steve's mind. He felt like there was something more to this. A deeper story.

He didn't notice they had reached the tower when suddenly a screech sounded from the balcony.

"WhY iS tHeRe A gIaNt DoG oN tHe ToWeR"

A/n
Hehe plz don't kill me for being late