s e v e n

"i should go, don't you think?" mingyu whispers to jihoon, "don't wanna be a third wheel in here or something

"i should go, don't you think?" mingyu whispers to jihoon, "don't wanna be a third wheel in here or something."

"no don't fucking leave me, i can't do this."

"you can handle this, ji. trust me," mingyu says, pushing jihoon inside the room and suddenly closing the door. jihoon's hands try to turn the knob but mingyu is probably outside holding it so it's no use. what an asshole, he muses. before he could even say anything, the boy speaks.

"i think i never introduced myself properly."

fuck, i'm not ready. soft panic is written all over jihoon's face. his usual uninterested facial expression fled faster than a speed runner as the boy walks towards him with a smile and extends his arm for a handshake. "hi, i'm kwon soonyoung!"

jihoon, being that person who never really gets along with strangers nor becomes a friend easily, doesn't know what to reply. he shakes the boy's hand anyway. and there comes that familiar feeling once more, as if they have met somewhere before and they're going to meet again a thousand years after.

"lee jihoon."

"i have some donuts here with me," soonyoung casually says and points to the white box sitting on the desk next to jihoon's books. they stare at each other for what seems like a whole minute before soonyoung snaps his fingers in front of the boy's face. "they go well with coffee. clearly, you're a coffee lover," soonyoung adds and walks back to the swivel chair.

"hey...can i see your wrist?" jihoon asks so soonyoung extends his arm for the boy to see.

"may 17th," soonyoung mumbles "i thought i'd never see you anymore until we ran past each other in the hallway. how dumb was i to not notice that we got together on that day all along? it was the 17th when i moved here and i swore something about this room feels like home. but i couldn't confirm it for i never saw your face."

"soonyoung..." jihoon's voice gets softer "it's the 19th already."

"yes, i'm sorry i didn't check up on you, jihoonie. i should have done it when i moved but the only thing i could do was to correct your homework!" soonyoung bursts into laughter. jihoon sits down beside him and takes the opportunity to look at his soulmate up close.

"i never thought that the universe would give me the cutest boy as my soulmate," soonyoung mumbles and holds jihoon's hand to place his palm against his. it's obvious that their hands can be differentiated in terms of size, but it doesn't really matter. "you have small hands," jihoon chuckles

"is that bad?"

"of course not."

soon enough, their fingers intertwine and silver moonlight fills the room, giving the two boys a heavenly glow. jihoon can't help but stare directly into soonyoung's eyes; the pair of crescents that tell him about their story, how they'll love each other from today on until they meet again in this same room years after they come home to the stars. and unlike newton's first love, jihoon will fall for soonyoung. not like raindrops that stop when the clouds have gone empty, not like dead leaves that only swirl around during autumn. he will fall like the moon-everyday, every night. endlessly, over and over until the world stops still on its axis.