t w e l v e

soonyoung is no other than an abundance of the brightest stars in the wake of the night, the sweetest cosmos and fastest comets sailing the vast nothingness of space

soonyoung is no other than an abundance of the brightest stars in the wake of the night, the sweetest cosmos and fastest comets sailing the vast nothingness of space. he shines so brightly that no amount of thick fabric could ever hide his heavenly glow. to jihoon, soonyoung is the reason why some stars choose to fall down on earth.

jihoon wishes they could have existed in a different time when a space rock won't be making its way towards the planet, he wishes that he could take him millions of galaxies away or in a dimension where he could love him with the complexity at which everything that is possible and imaginable exists.

but jihoon can't fit the whole universe in his pocket, can he?

"hey," soonyoung calls, pulling jihoon back to his senses. "there's this thing i have since i turned seventeen years old." the older looks for something in his bag and asks jihoon to close his eyes. of course, jihoon closes them and feels something being slipped onto his last finger.

"there you go, isn't it pretty?"

jihoon stares at his hand in awe. the ring on his finger is shining brighter than all of saturn's rings combined, colored silver like icy remnants of a bygone moon. soonyoung shows him his hand, letting him know that they're a match. "where did you get this, soonie?" jihoon asks.

"it's what dad gave to mom on their first date as soulmates. now it's my turn to give it to the love of my life until it gets passed on to our children!" children, jihoon muses. he mulls over the thought of having a family with soonyoung but that's a whole lot of fantasy he can only dream about.

"do you like it?"

"i love it."

within the ring dwells all the love stories of the galaxy including theirs. the secrets of the world are now at the fingertips of jihoon's hand, trailing along moon kissed constellations at night. it's eight in the evening and jihoon still couldn't find the right words to say.

"soonyoung."

"hm?"

"i love you."

"i love you more."