t e n

it's one in the morning

it's one in the morning. the moon is up and so is jihoon. he has been talking to mingyu over the phone for almost half an hour, telling him about his plans with soonyoung.

"i can't believe the world will really end in a few days. when wonwoo knew about it, i couldn't stop him from worrying," mingyu says. a huge sigh leaves jihoon's mouth as he turns to look at the sleeping boy on his bed. "that's exactly the reason why i covered soonyoung's arm with bandage earlier. i don't want him worrying a lot about it like how i am right now."

"damn, i should have done that. but wonwoo wouldn't promise me such things."

"you know, i envy you," jihoon mutters "sunday is only a few days away but at least you enjoyed two months being with your other half. i couldn't even spend a full week with soonyoung. we couldn't even do the things normal couples do."

"hey, listen. for two months, wonwoo and i never had the chance to do everything we want because we're both too busy with other things. you, you have a week with soonyoung and that's enough time to enjoy if you make every second worth it. you can't always be sad over this, ji. make your final days the happiest days."

"but-"

"no buts. forget about the future plans, jihoon. one day in another reality you will still end up with soonyoung if you're really meant for each other. trust me, trust your feelings and let the universe work by itself."

mingyu is right. jihoon hates the fact that he's always right about these things. a few minutes after he ends the call with his friend, soonyoung wakes up from his slumber. the boy looks around the room and relief is suddenly painted all over his face when their eyes meet. "hoonie!" he calls

soonyoung hugs the boy tight as if it's the last time he's ever going to be able to do it. "what happened to you?" the younger asks

"i had a dream about the world ending and it makes me really sad just thinking about it because i want to spend more time with you," soonyoung says with a pout. "will that even happen?"

jihoon couldn't answer the question right away. he bites his tongue and looks at the boy in front of him, seeing how worried he looks over a dream about everything coming to an end. then he assures him that everything will be fine. to be real, jihoon didn't want to lie but how could he tell soonyoung that it's all true when he hates seeing his smile upside down?

"can we go to ganghwado later at night?" soonyoung questions

"ganghwado? what about that place?"

"i just really want to go there with the love of my life!" soonyoung cheers "don't you want to see the moon up close, hoonie? it's going to be so beautiful"

"i'm already seeing it up close now."

soonyoung blushes at the unexpected reply and playfully pushes jihoon away. the latter starts chasing him around the small room until he catches him and they eventually fall on the bed. the two boys stare lovingly at each other before soonyoung kisses the tip of jihoon's nose. "i love you," he whispers "is it still too early to say that? too fast?"

"faster than light," jihoon jokes "i'm kidding. there's no such thing."

"oh there is," soonyoung holds him closer. "my love for you goes faster than light."

"soonyoung that's impossible."

"baby, it depends upon the place two events occur. there are galaxies out there redshifting with z factors exceeding z is equivalent to 1.4 and that recession is faster than light."

jihoon's mouth forms an 'o' before he giggles. "alright i get it, you're a nerd."

"i'm your nerd!" soonyoung cheers.

"gross, get away from me," the younger jokes. when soonyoung tries to hug him, he gets pushed away again. but the boy doesn't stop trying until he manages to get on top of jihoon, his body pressed against his. "soonyoung get off, you're heavy oh my fuck."

"no!" soonyoung laughs "you love me!"

"i don't."

soonyoung pouts then repeats it. "you love me, jihoon."

"alright...i do."