Chapter Two

I carefully place some scrambled eggs on Eloise's high chair.

She grabs some and starts eating them.

I put some in front of Bennett at the table.

"Thanks Momma!" he says in his little kid voice.

"You are very welcome, Benny Bear." I kiss his head and grab my coffee mug off the counter, taking a sip of it.

I put Eloise's sippy cup in front of her and she grabs it with her hands covered in eggs.

The front door opens and closes again and Liam comes in the house, peeking through the front window.

"What's up?" I ask him. He just got back from bringing Theo to school.

"Nothing, there's just this car across the street. I saw him when I got up this morning like...almost three hours ago and he's still there."

"What?" I ask in shock.

He looks at me.

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

"Come here and watch the kids," I tell him.

"Okay," he sounds confused.

I walk across the house and open the front door in a pair of short pajama shorts and Liam's t-shirt with no bra.

It's gotten to the point where this person has seen my son and my husband.

This is not okay.

Whoever it is needs to leave.

"Where are you going?" Liam asks.

"I'll be right back, okay? The kids are eating. Please make sure she doesn't choke."

He looks confused.

I march outside, straight up to the passenger window of the vehicle.

I raise my fist and knock.

The window is fogged, probably because it's like, forty two degrees outside and this guy most likely has the heat on.

The driver cracks the window.

"Yes?"

The voice sounds familiar.

"Can you put the window down please?" I ask impatiently.

He rolls the window down the rest of the way.

My eyes lock on messy blonde hair, blue-grey eyes, a square jaw, and a pointed nose.

I fold my arms across my chest and just stare at him.

He smiles awkwardly.

"Hi Savannah."

William Cabraro.

First of all, what the hell is he doing here?

Second of all, coming out here in short pajama shorts and Liam's loose t-shirt with no bra was a bad idea. I'm cold.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm checking up on my son," he replies. "I assume he works today. Do you know what time he gets off? I would like to come by and talk to him."

"I'm his wife," I say with a flat tone. "Of course I know what time he gets off, but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you. You and Amelia have done enough to him. He's happy. Leave him alone."

"At least tell him I came by," he says.

Seriously?

"I'm not telling him," I lie.